The bike industry crisis

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Someone on Vital suggesting Liteville is in trouble or shutting down. Very sad if that’s true. Seems like they were at least pushing the envelope a little. Though maybe not for a while now…

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Someone on Vital suggesting Liteville is in trouble or shutting down. Very sad if that’s true. Seems like they were at least pushing the envelope a little. Though maybe not for a while now…
I was always intrigued by these, super light and well thought out. I know @Oddjob is a fan.

But....

1704933473532.png

How the fuck did they manage to make it uglier and uglier with every new version...

nathanm

Eats Squid
Interesting listening to Bernard Kerr this morning that he took 60k (pounds or usd I do not know) to cover the pivot team shortfall.
With discovery proper fucking both DH and Enduro the bike industry is going to continue to parallel our current economy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
With discovery proper fucking both DH and Enduro the bike industry is going to continue to parallel our current economy.
It is time for slalom and xxxx to make a come back! The accessibility and affordable way to get into the sport! Plus it is spectator friendly and easy to cover races. Just needs a rebrand like cricket had...call it super league or 20/20 so people know it's the fast paced action version.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
It is time for slalom and xxxx to make a come back! The accessibility and affordable way to get into the sport! Plus it is spectator friendly and easy to cover races. Just needs a rebrand like cricket had...call it super league or 20/20 so people know it's the fast paced action version.
I've thought of a great name, Crankworx!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Get rid of the lame-arse surfer-bro commentator and you might have a chance of more people watching it. Currently it's like:

Slopestyle riders pull an insane combo trick:
"You know what brah, that was like the SICKEST thing we've EVER seen!"

Footage of rider napping in the pits two hours before a race run:

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Get rid of the lame-arse surfer-bro commentator and you might have a chance of more people watching it. Currently it's like:

Maybe we're just getting old?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub

I don't know how I feel about Slopestyle/Rampage etc, as they are a judged sport and I've never like judged sports. Someone was always "Robbed".

At least Dual Slalom and 4 Cross are races.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
races down multi story car park ramps in the city are a great urban alternative to slope/4x racing. Watch out for these concrete pillars, they take no prisoners.

Best class is 16”. Take 16” boys bmx, jam flat MTB handlebars in the seat tube for a replacement seat post. 16” tires in cheap comp 3 tread pattern have such small contact patches and SFA grip, they slide like a mofo.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
races down multi story car park ramps in the city are a great urban alternative to slope/4x racing. Watch out for these concrete pillars, they take no prisoners.

Best class is 16”. Take 16” boys bmx, jam flat MTB handlebars in the seat tube for a replacement seat post. 16” tires in cheap comp 3 tread pattern have such small contact patches and SFA grip, they slide like a mofo.

Ive heard that concrete gets pretty slippery...carparks an awesome spot for the afterpary too.

I mean grass roots local racing that people can get into. Not theatrical presentations.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just reading that Eminent Cycles has filed for bankruptcy.

Thought this was a pretty interesting behind the scenes.

"In a December 2023 filing with the Bankruptcy Court for Southern California, Eminent Cycles owner Jeff Soncrant said that since the bankruptcy initial filing he has invested more than $300,000 in the company and worked without salary for two and a half years. He said Eminent sales grew rapidly during the COVID-19 pandemic but then the company was unable to obtain additional inventory for several months due to supply chain challenges. Later, Eminent was challenged by tariffs on China-made frames and high shipping costs that resulted in higher pricing. He said factories also prioritized orders from larger brands during this period.

"However, because there were back orders from customers, it provided Eminent confidence that business growth would increase," he said of the 2022 scenario.

When inventory began arriving in June 2022, more than half of customers canceled their orders, he said in the filing. By early 2023, he said, "there was no demand for bikes."