Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
This could have continued, off topic, with the Prince Andrew stuff, but thought the stinky grifter should stay in his own thread.

There's this chick that I know that is always posting right wing conspiracy stuff and there often an Epstein and the Clintons connection. I show her all the photos of Trump with Epstein that are out there and she out and out claims that they are fake, but of course any Democrat evidence isn't. :rolleyes:
I think there's a connection to both sides of politics to Epstein.

Stredda

Trump could tell them to set their whole family on fire and they still wouldn't blame him. I really don't get the mentality behind it all. It's really a blind faith cult, plain and simple.
I'm a bit left leaning, but I don't wholly believe in a lot of things that say the Greens party or any other left-wing group put out there. You need to be able to take a step back and consider, not blindly push the narrative that "whoever" is putting in front of you.

Stredda

There are lots of good reasons I want Biden to win, but seeing this chick serve a full 5 years is right up there!
Though surely the Democrats can do better than Biden. He's such an easy target for the Republicans. The guy is hardly with it half the time.
It still amazes me with the lack of quality candidates for president lately. The US is a big country, and this is the best of the best?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Though surely the Democrats can do better than Biden. He's such an easy target for the Republicans. The guy is hardly with it half the time.
It still amazes me with the lack of quality candidates for president lately. The US is a big country, and this is the best of the best?
I suspect the plan was for Joe to beat Trump, serve a single term and usher Kamala in for the next term. Unfortunately she doesn't seem to gel and has been mostly in the background. This is sad because her age and background should be the business. Pete Buttegieg would I think make an excellent president but no way even the left of centre much less anything further right will accept him. Which is sadder.

Stredda

Pete Buttegieg would I think make an excellent president but no way even the left of centre much less anything further right will accept him. Which is sadder.
Hmmm, supports abortion rights, wants to reduce the undue influence of money in politics, supports abolishing the death penalty, plans to strengthen union bargaining power, to raise the minimum wage, and believes in climate change!
Sounds like a pretty decent candidate, but you are right, he'll be seen as a far-left nutter, out to destroy democracy and the American Way!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Trump lawyer quits his legal team ahead of latest E Jean Carroll trial

Mr Tacopina was representing Mr Trump in two major cases before his resignation. He filed his withdrawal in each case on Monday. His resignations come just one day before a trial begins to determine the damages Mr Trump owes E Jean Carroll for defaming her in 2019.

The latest trial in the Carroll case is set to begin on Tuesday. It will focus on the damages Mr Trump owes for making defamatory statements about Ms Carroll after Judge Lewis Kaplan determined the former president defamed the former columnist in 2019 when he denied sexually assaulting her in the dressing room of a Bergdorf Goodmans in the mid-1990s.