Newly Released Bikes General

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Has this been posted here already?
What a great looking bike. Such clean lines.
(also no cables through the headset)
Yeah, big fan of this update. Lovely shaping, love that they've managed to keep it light weight, geo hasn't gone crazy... looks great. The sliders have been on their XC and trail frames for a while now, and hopefully the TT location means they're less vulnerable to dirt/water than the Yeti sliders. They've also done a nice job of addressing the finishing which is one little let down of the V1 - it just came with some slapper tape rather than moulded DT or CS protection.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Out of interest, who does make the best machined frames in terms of tolerances and other engineering terms that matter?
I note a few German manufacturers were mentioned in response to this. My Kavenz is still smooth in all pivot points after 12 months of hard riding (particularly a 6 month period that included numerous bike parks as well as snow and mud at various points).

I have no experience on them but I like the approach of Last Bikes. They get their frames built up in Asia but then machine all of the bearing seats in house as well as running all threads and facing contact points. Sounds like a good approach and in contrast to the Pivot slip method... Here's their spiel:
TOTAL BEARING QUALITY
Each front and rear triangle is machined on a high-precision 5-axis milling machine in one setup. The aim is to achieve a high-quality and, above all, durable bearings. In addition to the bearings as such, this includes the bearing seats, the alignment of the bearing seats to each other and the mounting and protection against dirt. Stainless steel full complement bearings allow for better load carrying capacity and increase the radial stiffness while increasing corrosion protection.The machining of all bearing seats on the frame allows for the most precise diameter, shape and position tolerances, so that components are not stressed during assembly and operation.

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
None at all, I grabbed the photo before it was taken down from vital spy thread. I assume it has all the same updates as the Druid v2.
im hoping for a smidge more rear travel then the V1 Dread, might be an option to replace my enduro as Specialized are dragging their balls on the replacement.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I think they are trying to seperate themselves from the ‘poor man’s Raaw’ moniker. I’ve had a lot of people ask me if Raaw and Privateer are the same company or designers. I imagine that gets a bit annoying for both companies considering they are completely different designers and brands in different countries.
Shame they went with the dog shit hump to do it though.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
The increased level of progression may not be such a good thing imo.
The looks....yeah not for me at all. They've cheapened it further by getting into Fezzari/Niner territory with that hump.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I think they are trying to seperate themselves from the ‘poor man’s Raaw’ moniker. I’ve had a lot of people ask me if Raaw and Privateer are the same company or designers. I imagine that gets a bit annoying for both companies considering they are completely different designers and brands in different countries.
I kinda get it but it still sounds a bit like complaining that your girlfriend looks like Alison Brie.

That new rocker link looks like a wish.com special.