What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I need to do that to my 26mm socket… I risked it unground and predictably made a mess of one cap. Sigh.
I bought spanner on AliExpress which is a laser cut from steel - but it’s cut is all super sharp edges I reckon will make a mess of the soft alloy fork caps….
I have one of these for my fork. No marks on the top cap and does the job nicely.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
after all that... the air side top cap was half a turn from even hand tight, from factory :rolleyes:
but neg chamber not full of grease... :)

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Weird seeing that middle section with a properly cultivated car park rather than a dirt patch. Does that pub nearby still look semi-condemned?
The change rooms even have coin operated showers.

From my last trip, I had on my to-do list the big loop from the Derby Trailhead to the top of Atlas. You know that one day in the future to-do list everyone has. Well, the conversation went something like this.

Boss "we need you to go back to Ta........"
Me: "booked, paid for, what do you need me to do?"

As previously mentioned the Boss made it very clear numerous times he was expecting me to take my bike, and he was expecting pictures. Fuck dude, like, should I just buy you a ring now?

Anyway, today I followed the Number 7 loop to the far end of Dambusters, climbed the logging trail to Atlas, the rest of Dambusters, then Krushka's. Man the entry to that trail makes you pay, but the decent more than makes up for it! Nearly did Cuddles, rolled down the first rock face, came to the second and realised something wasn't right. Whipped out Trailforks, then pushed back up the hill to the Krushka's turn off. Sawtooth, Berms and Ferns and I was back at the car.

The 75% worn XC Hard Terrain Pirellis were a bit loose, but if anything I'd only go for Mixed Terrain Pirellis. It was just the loose covering of the stone gravel, but Evie was dancing the Hot Shoe Shuffle better than ever. Wasn't full Drift Pig, but there was plenty of controlled sliding.

So, with that loop done I can move on from Derby. I'll definitely be back, but next trip south the bike I'll check out Penguin or somewhere over that side of Devonport.

As promised, some pretty pics.

1000008618.jpg

Clearly not Derby, but I couldn't let it go unnoticed.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I have one of these for my fork. No marks on the top cap and does the job nicely.

Yeah mine looks like that but is 2mm steel. Razor sharp edges…

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
The change rooms even have coin operated showers.

From my last trip, I had on my to-do list the big loop from the Derby Trailhead to the top of Atlas. You know that one day in the future to-do list everyone has. Well, the conversation went something like this.

Boss "we need you to go back to Ta........"
Me: "booked, paid for, what do you need me to do?"

As previously mentioned the Boss made it very clear numerous times he was expecting me to take my bike, and he was expecting pictures. Fuck dude, like, should I just buy you a ring now?

Anyway, today I followed the Number 7 loop to the far end of Dambusters, climbed the logging trail to Atlas, the rest of Dambusters, then Krushka's. Man the entry to that trail makes you pay, but the decent more than makes up for it! Nearly did Cuddles, rolled down the first rock face, came to the second and realised something wasn't right. Whipped out Trailforks, then pushed back up the hill to the Krushka's turn off. Sawtooth, Berms and Ferns and I was back at the car.

The 75% worn XC Hard Terrain Pirellis were a bit loose, but if anything I'd only go for Mixed Terrain Pirellis. It was just the loose covering of the stone gravel, but Evie was dancing the Hot Shoe Shuffle better than ever. Wasn't full Drift Pig, but there was plenty of controlled sliding.

So, with that loop done I can move on from Derby. I'll definitely be back, but next trip south the bike I'll check out Penguin or somewhere over that side of Devonport.

As promised, some pretty pics.

View attachment 406783
Clearly not Derby, but I couldn't let it go unnoticed.

That Dambusters loop is a pretty good ride. Although when you take the fire trail to Atlas has a big slog of a climb in it.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
El cheapo wheel building stand I bought was made for old wheel spacings...faffed around for a bit last time, unbolting stuff and using spacers to make it fit a modern boost rear hub. To make it easier just lathed up some tapered spindles, which should let me mount up any hub spacing I want/they throw at us
PSX_20240209_134455.jpg

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Last edited:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Some time ago, my eldest Daughter and her Man, were converting their garage into a gym, and I helped them get it sorted. They were going to toss some 90x90 laminated Merbau, and I said, I'll take them, thank you very much.

So this weekend, I built another bench for my workshop. Finished it yesterday, so today was just sanding and applying clear polyurethane to the ply top.

Bench 1.jpeg

Bench 2.jpeg

Bench 3.jpeg

Bench 4.jpeg

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Sat went for a Family ride and took the neighbors kid, ran him around the track he'll use for racing and did a few MTB skills with him.

Also managed to do a half arsed organisation of a 'parts' bin. If anyone can tell me why I was saving about 15 reflectors (front and back) please let me know. I also found out I have 4 spare dropper post levers, who knew? I moved all random bolts to a biscuit tin (as this is how all random bolts should be stored).

Sunday decided I needed to do some km's on the Gravel bike as I signed up for a race in a few weeks, 70km and 3.5 hours later I was pretty cooked. Apparently I may need a couple more rides before I tackle the race as it'll have a lot more vertical meters!