What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Underestimated how hot it was… Tasmania still catches me out.

The cars temp gauge said it was a nice 30 or so, and the breeze was quite nice. But the sun is jsut so fucking brutal. Anyway, a lap of Meehan on the Orange and I was suffering a bit on the climbs.

Dusty AF too.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
This evening, all I did was move the pump of my BFe onto the Stumpy, and found a tool bottle, and added a tube, tyre levers and a mini tool thingo. I then went for a very dark dusk test ride, and rode the mtb loop at the local primary school.

Although OT, but the total highlight of today was boogie boarding at Point Leo. There was quite a nice swell and a north westerly and we caught some rippers. A few of them were awesome, getting sucked right back up the wave, then dropping down full pelt into it. We weren't where the real surfers were, but we, and bunch of kids, had a ball. My shoulders hurt like hell.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yep, Adelaide.

Funny fact. There are some metrics that claim Melbourne is.
Melbourne doesn’t have a high rainfall, it just tends to spread it out over more days. Further up north it tends to dump it all at once…

Steadily raining here this morning though which is a welcomed development! The flow trails were getting pretty chopped up with dust bowls, so this should bed it down a bit.

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
First ride on the Jibb today. Very nice. Very upright for an old XC dude like me, but my lower back thanked me after the ride.
Nice and planted feel to the bike. Just a few tweaks in the cockpit and suspension, cut the hoses down and we'll be all good.

IMG_5542.jpg

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Had to do some work in Dromana yesterday so headed out for a cheeky spin at our favourite less-than-legal hotspot. It seems I’ve forgot how to ride in sand sprinkled over rock hard clay.

Still had fun trying to reacquaint myself with monstrous gap jumps.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Had to do some work in Dromana yesterday so headed out for a cheeky spin at our favourite less-than-legal hotspot. It seems I’ve forgot how to ride in sand sprinkled over rock hard clay.

Did you check out PSI? lotta fun. Lads have been busy.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

I was keen to get over that way today but just didn't fancy getting nuked by that exposed fireroad climb, so I hung out in the legal section instead.

Not many people there today for some reason. Was going to wash the clothes I was wearing but might just burn them instead to exorcise the evil.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Did you check out PSI? lotta fun. Lads have been busy.
Yes! Had a quick pedal down there. Hit the fist couple of gaps that are a nice gentle start but will have a more serious look at hitting the rest of t next time. I combined it with 50+ for my final lap and it made for a nice jumpy/flowy run.

Trail builders out there are doing an amazing job.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Underestimated how hot it was… Tasmania still catches me out.

The cars temp gauge said it was a nice 30 or so, and the breeze was quite nice. But the sun is jsut so fucking brutal. Anyway, a lap of Meehan on the Orange and I was suffering a bit on the climbs.

Dusty AF too.
The Meehan can be pretty brutal. Tough climbs with little shade from the scrubby bush and the heat bounces off the white gravel. o_O

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Put 200km on the Revolver last week, really enjoying it. Picked up a new take-off 34 to swap for the SID and added a cheapie top guide for a bit of chain security insurance. Rode Silvan on it on Tuesday which was my first time riding there on a little bike and had heaps of fun, much snappier through the tight twisty stuff than the enduro bike, only really struggled on some of the fast rough stuff like Top Gun (and didn't ride Bottlecaps lol). Anyway, I'm digging it.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Summer Series racing last night - apparently a couple of rides last week upped my performance as I beat my 'nemesis'* and merely came second last
*we're actually good mates

Talked my neighbors son into racing as well so it was good to see him out and after initial nervousness and uncertainty he looked to have a good time so I might have converted another kid to the drug of MTB. He did manage to loose a crankarm before the race but someone sorted him out, as his official mechanic I'd better lift my game! Unfortunately as part of loosing the crank arm he lost the crank/bb compression bolt, one that I'm sure I had spare ones in the shed but in a fit of cleaning looks like I've chucked it. I never chuck random bike bolts etc out so that'll teach me and I'll continue to hoard all bolts going forward.

Also as mention in the MTB shoe thread got some new shoes for the commuter/gravel bike, must have been a while since I looked at the last pair as the new cleats were significantly tighter than the most likely very old pair in the old shoes and nearly had a "I can't clip out" in front of an audience experience. They look snazzy so I'll forgive them for trying to kill me....