All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

safreek

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Ok fellas and gals, anyone used these Ltwoo gear setups, surely they would be better than 15 year old Shimano crap

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
AU$70.19 25%OFF | LTWOO A7 1X10S Groupset 10 speed shift lever derailleur SUNSHINE cassette 42T 46T 50T VXM Chains
What are you replacing? 15yo Shimano shit isn't too bad. For the price point though, I get why you're asking. I haven't used ltwoo stuff, I think there's a YouTuber guy who tests lots of Ali stuff and he rated them ok - though that was for roadie drivetrain.
The derailleur doesn't appear to have a clutch mechanism, or at least not one that can be switched off/on. If that doesn't worry you then go nuts I supposed. What could possibly go wrong?!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Ok fellas and gals, anyone used these Ltwoo gear setups, surely they would be better than 15 year old Shimano crap

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
AU$70.19 25%OFF | LTWOO A7 1X10S Groupset 10 speed shift lever derailleur SUNSHINE cassette 42T 46T 50T VXM Chains
The Shimano Deore stuff is cheap on there.

safreek

What are you replacing? 15yo Shimano shit isn't too bad. For the price point though, I get why you're asking. I haven't used ltwoo stuff, I think there's a YouTuber guy who tests lots of Ali stuff and he rated them ok - though that was for roadie drivetrain.
The derailleur doesn't appear to have a clutch mechanism, or at least not one that can be switched off/on. If that doesn't worry you then go nuts I supposed. What could possibly go wrong?!
I don't ride hard enough to need a clutch unfortunately, just the narrow wide thing seems good.
But after seeing flowies link below it would be madness to try Ltwoo when I can get deore for around the same price

Labcanary

Got my Chinese King headset today from ali, looks flash as.
Will see how it compares to my real king headset in the next week or two. Same colour side by side so that's a good start.

Could of sworn I ordered a gold one but I must be tripping

View attachment 406866
As far as cartridge bearing headsets go, these are ok. They are very similar to the likes of BrandX or Ztto headsets. It's good value for the price but don't expect it to live up to CK reputation.

1000011712.jpg

For the price I'm happy to use these.

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
BRAKE PADS !!
Before going with cheap aliexpress brake pads, pick up a $5 set of calipers and measure the thickness of your brake rotor. Make sure to measure at the thinnest part of the rotor and ensure you check to see if your existing rotor is 'lipped' or has a groove worn on it.
You will probably get better results getting a fresh rotor rather than keeping a bad rotor and using cheap pads.
Calipers can be found here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005671598813.html

Labcanary

I needed a derailleur hanger for a horizontal dropout frame. So I got this:
In "Color: outside frame black" flavour.

From order to delivery it was exactly 7 days. The total cost was $8.29

Installed and tested (with Box 3 prime 9) and it's working, yay!
I did have to use a persuader of choice (rubber mallet) to push it into the dropouts. Axle is 135x10mm thru.
photo_2024-03-01_13-40-53.jpg

danncam

Likes Dirt
I think there's a YouTuber guy who tests lots of Ali stuff..
TraceVelo is the aliexpress youtuber I follow, and has reviewed Ltwoo and Sensah groupsets.

Personally, today I ordered my "upgrades" to my very heavy but lurverly Marin Nicosia 2x8 gravel bike (very sloppy Shimano Claris derailleur and square taper FSA cranks) with a Sensah 1x11 44 tooth cranks and 11-42 tooth cluster. Grabbed a second cluster as I have "slicks" and "knobby" wheelsets.

Fingers crossed it all works well.
1709266764004.png