Formula One world championship

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Lots of rumours on the webs including a powerplay by Marko to remove Horner.

I need to clarify that if this grievance stems from a genuine issue then that grievance should be investigated to the fullest extent and Red Bull has a duty to follow the applicable law. Red Bull have a duty also to address behaviour that lead to the grievance.

Last edited:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Rekon situation of making a mountain out of a molehill.

If there is any sort of sexual related matter I rekon it would have easily blown up by the media or some kind of leak. That it didn't suggests it was just an issue with his cut throat management style which in all honestly is what is required at the very top.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
FP1 and FP2 were interesting. Top teams seem to be clear of the field by 0.5s or more in race runs and Red Bull that ahead of them. Funny that Racing Bulls threw Daniel out on softs to top the FP1 timesheet on a track that isn't representative of the race.

And in other news there are reports of the evidence being leaked in the Christian Horner investigation. Emails with links were sent to over 150 people in the paddock. You can look it up on line but to me looks a bit AI. Horner is quite erudite and well spoken and the texts look to be written by a 14 year old. A horny 14 year old...

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
F2 qualifying done overnight was interesting. Bearman and antonelli were supposed to be the favorites but are down in 18 and 19th. Maybe just a very bad setup as they are teammates. Antonelli is the kid they were so hyped about they only offered lewis a one year deal to keep this kids seat warm. he skipped F3, big call to say based on F4 regional that the youngster deserves that merc seat so will be interesting to watch

Last edited:

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Nice to see the new F1 season lasting until the first corner.
I'm not a hater...but what exactly is the point of F1 at the moment?

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
It's to prove how good Verstappen is and how good that RB20 is.
I can agree with the second part of your comment, but it seems to me, after the last ten years or so, the driver is pretty irrelevant.
Might be a bit cheaper to just get the drivers and team principles to line up on the grid, get their dicks out and declare a winner.
It would save an awful lot of money.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I can agree with the second part of your comment, but it seems to me, after the last ten years or so, the driver is pretty irrelevant.
Might be a bit cheaper to just get the drivers and team principles to line up on the grid, get their dicks out and declare a winner.
It would save an awful lot of money.
That ignores the dominance of Max over his team mates. Checo is no mug. Not top 5 but he isn't bottom either. As for dicks the internet has you covered.

madstace

Likes Dirt
I think Christian Horner is benched for a while :D

But seriously once Checo was in second a 1-2 never looked in doubt. Not sure if anyone saw the grid interview with Clarkson but when Brundle asked for his tip he said "Newey", and he wasn't wrong. There's another 2 years of predictable pain in store...:rolleyes:

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
finally caught up on the F2 races, dont think im going to be able to watch this all season. The constant whistling from the under floor aero is more annoying than grunting tennis players.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Time for Daniel to hang up his F1 career. Liam Lawson should get a chance. There I said it.
Redbull still in flux with Marko under investigation for leaking the screen shots of conversations. Much speculation that he will leave and Max will follow next year. Toto has said he has a place for Marko. Lady at the centre of the harassment has started a suit against Redbull. Just an average day in the circus.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Time for Daniel to hang up his F1 career. Liam Lawson should get a chance. There I said it.
Redbull still in flux with Marko under investigation for leaking the screen shots of conversations. Much speculation that he will leave and Max will follow next year. Toto has said he has a place for Marko. Lady at the centre of the harassment has started a suit against Redbull. Just an average day in the circus.
Marko is a <redacted>, no big loss if he goes. Big news will be if there is a reshuffle if Newey will go, he has a track record of not liking team decisions being made without being consulted, and could likely name his price with any other team.

Why do you think Daniel should go? I'm not on his insufferable hype train, but he did show promise and solid lap times in testing with RBR prior to being given the Alpha Tauri seat last year.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
He is no faster than Yuki. I think both should make way to be honest.
Marko is a weird one, the king maker. At least that is how he sees himself but if he goes to Merc and Max follows then Max (Jos) is a fool. I don't think Max will leave Redbull while their car is on top. Jos may very well be restricted in his access to the Redbull garage. And if Ferrari said to Adrian here is free reign to design a road car and yacht I think there would be movement.