Bargain buys thread

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Really BuBu, in your vast experience, is there less or fewer ? Does less work in the context ? Opposite of less is more, maybe talk less bikes and ride more, it will take the edge off your frustration.
I talk less about bikes because I have fewer opportunities right now.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Icon of Australian mtb scene right there!

I purchased a bag from mountain designs this afternoon. I didn't even realise they still existed! Anyway, they were throwing all sorts of discounts at me to make the buy. Apparently it was a $150 bag that has cost me $59 (including $10 postage).

Longer version...I have an awesome waterproof evoc duffel bag that converts to a backpack that I use for snow trips. Not because it is waterproof, that is an incidental bonus) , but it ensures that I can easily get all my shit packed up quickly to move between towns and the airport etc with just my board bag to drag around. I hate having my hands full, especially in crowded places (habits I guess...), so I used to stuff all my shit in my board bag. This has been a pain in the arse with 3 boards, 2 bindings sets, boots, ultra cold jacket, cold jacket, and more clothes than I should pack but fuck me it just piles up. Anyway I wanted that to all be easier and quicker so I could come in off the snow, stuff snow gear and backpack in board bag then get moving to train/bus. Anyway it turns out that when I blew a hige pule of cash on this evoc bag I should have gone for the 60 litre option not the 40 litre option. And now I have a 40 litre bag I don't need anymore and a 70 litre bag on the way. A but of a bummer as the evoc bag ooks super cool and is also the right size for carry on. But I need life to be easier for...and I want my holiday loot to fit easily in my bags!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Very hipster. That's the brand the North Face soldiers carry :p

I thought they carried north face branded items? That is how it usually looks when I see them, and over the last few months I have seen quite a bit of North face and the brands disciples. Based on my observations around airports, train stations, bus depots, alpine towns, and retail prices...it may be the brand poor outdoors types carry. That north face stuff is rather expensive. But like I said, I didn't realise mountain designs still existed. Their site popped up while I was searching for a larger version of my evoc bag.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member

Not really a bargain I suppose, but it is a Pivot, and an e-bike for $8999.

It's also bloody sexy to look at if you're into the marsupial papoose look I guess.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

It's also bloody sexy to look at if you're into the marsupial papoose look I guess.
It's a great price... But that downtube. Even if they had made it the same fat all the way to the head tube, with no swoopy bit.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

They had these on a similar crazy sale around black friday. I almost purchased one the deal was so juicy!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Well this is strange...I clicked on the link and then behold, the spybots have sent me advertisements for this bike and pivot in general. This must be an old frame in the link. The spybots were showing me a much less deformed down tube.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Well this is strange...I clicked on the link and then behold, the spybots have sent me advertisements for this bike and pivot in general. This must be an old frame in the link. The spybots were showing me a much less deformed down tube.
I was confused too, never recalled seeing a Pivot like that. Not helping that on their website it's referred to as V2. The newer ones look much better.

Took me a while to find anything about it online, seems to be a 2020 model.