Search results

1. rockydog

Junior Skate Park design ideas needed

Looking for a bit of help on how to design a skate park. <Deleted see below>
  2. rockydog

STOLEN Black Diamondback cromo -Blue Mtns NSW

Bike: Diamonback Apex. Rigid; commuter. Large. Colour: Black. Has a red craze up close. Date it was stolen: Early July 09 Where it was stolen: Katoomba; private house Specs: Rigid, rim brake, shimano running gear, GT stem Other Discriptions: Large black cromo frame. Say's diamondback on...
  3. rockydog

Niteflux Visionstick battery

Item: Niteflux Visionstick battery Location: will pay postage (2780) Price range/Willing to Pay:don't know Extra Info: It's the long skinny one. 6 volt. They aren't manufacturing these anymore. If you've got a spare battery or two, you can save my set from landfill.
  4. rockydog

**SOLD** DeL33t Sasquatch. Custom.

Item: Norco Sasquatch, custom build on '04 frame Location: Blue Mountains Item Condition: Bloody good Reason for selling: Capitalism Price and price conditions: $580!!!!!!!! Extra Info: Heaps of as new good quality parts Pictures: OK Specs; Frame; Norco Sasquatch Forks; Marzocchi...
  5. rockydog

Wanga vs Exile

Hi people. Some advice please, to help me choose a new frame, either a Jamis Exile or Voodoo Wanga. Any comparative feedback with respect to; - build quality - ride quality - ease of chain tension adjustment - ability to convert to geared - durability; what is the life expectancy on a...
  6. rockydog

FOUND 28.6mm seat post.

Item: 1 1/8 (28.6mm) inch seat post to fit my chromo hacker Location: a post office near you (will pay post) Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends. No Huffy cast-offs please Extra Info: no
  7. rockydog

Sizing Bottom Brackets

What is the go with sizing BBs? ie; is there a rule of thumb for determining axle and shell requirements...or is random, depending on the particular bike? Yes, I searched, but flame away at my ignorance if you must.
  8. rockydog

Get XC off the road? Farked up categories

Farkin puts XC in the same category as road riding. Last time I checked, XC riders like dirt as much as anyone else. I would have thought XC had more in common with, say, freeride, than road riding. Why not have a separate ‘road/ commuting’ section, and leave the XC out of it? For...
  9. rockydog

Moto vs. mtb vs *now with PIC yo etc*

I'm interested to hear some general trail access comments. The background; A big slab of council land near me has been overrun by dirt bikes (motor). It was previously used by walkers and the occasional mtb. BAsically a bush regeneration zone. I was pretty shocked by how big these boys...
  10. rockydog

Don't read, done, delete.

Unfortunately, I've suffered car-inflicted injuries while training, so I have to pull out of the Scott 24 hour race in Canberra. The good news is that my position on a 4-man team is available. This is a good opportunity for someone to take my place; as you probably know this event is...
  11. rockydog

Canberra and the Mont terrain

Ok...I'm going with the 'it's popular so it must be good' theory, and Monting. Having never ridden in the ACT, I would be interested to hear some tips about what the terrain is like. I hear it's generally black soil, not as rocky as NSW. Is the race track likely to be fairly smooth and...
  12. rockydog

I hate my bike

I actually like my ride, but I was looking at this thread about snobbery; http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=54929 and wondering if anyone could admit they have a dud bike? I don't mean your first ever off roader from KMart or whatever.. Have you ever done your research, saved up your...
  13. rockydog

new katoomba track?

Greetings. If anyone is familiar with Catalina in Katoomba, Blue Mountains, they will know it is an old Motor race circuit in a bush gully next to town. There are a couple of bike lines in there, but nothing really to speak of. I heard from someone who works for the council that they want...