Search results

1. C

Ride gear??

What's your preference with ride jersey?? Long sleeve, 3/4 sleeve or short sleeve??
  2. C

Mountain bike photographer..

Does anybody know of a mountain bike/action sports photographer in VIC?? I need some lifestyle photos done for a new technical apparel range. We will probably arrange a shoot at Mount Buller in the next few months. Would be good if they have a website of some description so I can check...
  3. C

Buller 2015/16

Has anybody riden Buller this year?? How are the DH tracks at the start of this season?? I'm thinking of heading up new years day for a crack!! Any over 40's riding downhill these days??
  4. C

New riding buddy..

I'm looking for a new riding buddy!! My riding partners keep buggering off to different states / new countries. A little about myself. I'm 44, not as fit as I would like to be, but love to ride when I get the opportunity. ( I have a 2yr old boy, so sometimes things come up.) I have a...
  5. C

Arthurs seat gondola..

I've been reading about the future Arthurs Seat Gondola construction recently. Is this actually going ahead, Has construction begun, & will it be used as lift access for Downhill riding?? Are there current downhill tracks there already, or will they have to be built?? Would be a good...
  6. C

VIC Sold

Item: 2013 Trek Slash 8 Location: Melbourne Item Condition: Near perfect condition. Only ridden for light XC. Reason for selling: Baby forces sale. Price and price conditions: $2500. Perfect bike for Gravity Enduro, All mountain, XC & DH riding. It really is a do it all bike, made for...
  7. C

Queenstown??

To anybody who's ridden Queenstown before. I'm thinking of going for a long weekend in the new year, but what bike to take. The 160mm All mountain, or the full DH rig??
  8. C

Favourite track & where??

I'm curious as to what tracks people like to ride & where they've travelled to?? I'm lucky enough to have travelled with my bike a fair bit, so I'm quite spoiled for choice.. My Fave track would have to be Freight Train in the Whistler bike park. What's yours??
  9. C

Buller chairlift opening hours..

Does anybody have any news on the chairlift opening hours at Mount Buller this year?? (Season 2013/14) Last year was a shambles, & only open for a few weeks. I know loads of people complained and wrote to Buller about it, I just wondered if anything came from it?? They really need to compete...
  10. C

Thredbo vs Buller??

OK I've ridden Mt Buller a fair bit over the years, but have never ventured to Thredbo. So how do they compare?? I hear the Thredbo chair is open until May this year, RAD! and Buller closes at the end of January, with the last few weeks being races, so only 1 track open!! WHAT!! So really...
  11. C

Copperhead 2013

I rode the Copperhead track at Mount Buller last weekend & it is in shit condition. The surface is super loose, the corners are all blown out and the top half rides so bad. The bottom section through the trees isn't to bad, but whats the point really. It could be such a rad track. Build up the...
  12. C

Tee graphics..

What type of graphics do you like on a Tee-shirt, and what colour Tee??
  13. C

Commencal dh v3

Does anybody know who stocks the Commencal DH V3 in VIC?? I'm keen to get a new DH frame, but need to try one out for size before I commit to buying. Chain Reaction are selling them for $1700.
  14. C

Riding this weekend??

Riding this weekend anyone?? Hitting some mellow trails at the You Yangs on Fri, Sat or Sun, depends on the weather. Bit of up, bit of down, Nothing to stressful. I'll probably start at the main entrance, hike up to the stockyards car park, do a nice slow loop, then head back. A few hours of...
  15. C

Bike Parks - Australia

O.K. So Amazing bike parks are turning up all over the globe, with lift access, amazing trails and infrastructure. So what has happened to Australia?? Mount Buller?? Lifts are only open for January! Thredbo is open from Nov to May, which is awesome, but some of us live in Melbourne. We've...
  16. C

What bike to ride at the elevation race series???

I'm keen to race the Alpine gravity Elevation race series coming up soon, but not sure what bike to race. Choice is between a Giant glory DH or a Specialized Camber. Any suggestions??
  17. C

Alpine Gravity Elevation race series..

I'm keen to race the Alpine gravity Elevation race series coming up soon, but not sure what bike to race. Choice is between a Giant glory DH or a Specialized Camber. Any suggestions??
  18. C

DH for oldies..

Hey I'm an old dude (39) and I'm just getting back into DH & sometimes XC. I Ride at the You Yangs and Buller during the summer a fair bit. I'm looking for some like minded old fellas to ride with and take trips with. Thinking Whistler next year. Drop me a line if anyone's looking for...
  19. C

Return of the dh!!

I'm just about to make a return to the world of DH. I used to ride a fair bit in Europe, but have had a while off riding. I'm 38 and will be riding the Youies most weekends. Are there any old fella's like me who ride DH in VIC?? PM me if you fancy hooking up for a ride.
  20. C

Swindle Clothing

CHECK OUT www.poo.com LOOKS LIKE IT'LL BE PRETTY COOL. AUSTRALIAN DESIGNED AND MADE FOR RIDERS BY RIDERS.