New riding buddy..

chamboy

Likes Bikes
I'm looking for a new riding buddy!!

My riding partners keep buggering off to different states / new countries.

A little about myself.

I'm 44, not as fit as I would like to be, but love to ride when I get the opportunity. ( I have a 2yr old boy, so sometimes things come up.)
I have a Trek remedy which I ride at Lysterfield most Sundays. I hate riding up hills, but any riding is better than none right?
I also have a Giant Glory as I used to consider myself a downhiller rather than an XC rider. But again don't like riding or pushing up hills,
so Mount Buller is my downhill destination when time allows.
I'm an ex bmx racer, & love to reminisce about the good old days.

I live in Canterbury, VIC & work as a graphic designer Monday to Friday.

If you're interested in a bromance, then hit me up.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I'm looking for a new riding buddy!!

My riding partners keep buggering off to different states / new countries.

A little about myself.

I'm 44, not as fit as I would like to be, but love to ride when I get the opportunity. ( I have a 2yr old boy, so sometimes things come up.)
I have a Trek remedy which I ride at Lysterfield most Sundays. I hate riding up hills, but any riding is better than none right?
I also have a Giant Glory as I used to consider myself a downhiller rather than an XC rider. But again don't like riding or pushing up hills,
so Mount Buller is my downhill destination when time allows.
I'm an ex bmx racer, & love to reminisce about the good old days.

I live in Canterbury, VIC & work as a graphic designer Monday to Friday.

If you're interested in a bromance, then hit me up.
PM some selfies for consideration.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's a crew of us that hit Lysterfield religiously every Saturday and Sunday morning at about 7:00 at the moment. The ages range from 47 or so down to 30. Equally happy climbing or descending but generally time on the bike hitting trails is what counts. Some hard riding and some great chat along the way too.
Distance between 25kms to 50kms depending.

There's about 7 / 8 of us in total, riding everything from trail, XC, fat bikes across 26" to 29".
Some are Brits and some Aussies and we don't always have the full turnout.

I'm personally out for a couple of weeks as I fix up from injury but happy to set up a meet if you fancy.

A couple of ground rules.
1. Don't be too fast; we've got frail egos and the last thing we need is someone jumping in and making us slow, especially up hill on an "Nduro" rig when we're on XC bikes.

2. Spring for coffee on rotation.
No ducking out after the ride without coffee, it's critical to life.

No worries if we don't fit, we ain't dating. ;^)

chamboy

Likes Bikes
I forgot to mention..
LYCRA WEARERS NEED NOT APPLY!!

Looking for an ex downhiller that rides more XC these days, but still hits up Buller on the downhill bike when time allows..

Feel free to PM should you want to get out for a roll locally or otherwise. Taken a bit of a sabbatical from DH so these days I tend to spend the bulk of the time trail riding YTs, YY, Red Hill, Bright, Buller etc on my mid-travel or HT AM bikes. Don't mind earning my turns but am certainly far from a XC hamster. Weekends can be a mixed bag so some notice works best, as I'm sure is the case for yourself. Mid-week post-work scampers, particularly through the sunnier/longer months, is pretty common & generally happens at a drop of the hat with a like-minded bunch of riders.

Oh, & I'm in denial that I fit the Vet category.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I forgot to mention..
LYCRA WEARERS NEED NOT APPLY!!

Looking for an ex downhiller that rides more XC these days, but still hits up Buller on the downhill bike when time allows..
That's us out then.
Feel free to laugh at us as we're flying past you on the way uphill. :^)