Search results

1. sketchypip

08 Giant STP Pro Vs. Norco Havoc Vs. GT 08 model Vs. Yetti Arc

Floody: Werd. Quality of the gear hanging off it is second to none. I picked up an STP Pro just after xmas ride away for $2300. I had seriously considered a Santa Cruz Jackal because they ride so nicely and give me a boner to look at but for the spec v price STP wins hands down. And it is...
  2. sketchypip

Road Trip! Qld - Vic and back for 2 weeks

Hey guys, I started a thread about this a few months ago when the idea was first floated between me and a couple of mates but for some reason I cant find the thread to revive it. *EDIT* Forgot to mention we are leaving tomorrow morning (5/1/08) on the first leg. So hop to it! I'm heading...
  3. sketchypip

I am Legend - Will Smith (spoilers inside)

Saw it last night with about 11ty billion other people at Chermside, seemed pretty damned popular. In short: Q1: Yes (although dont take the missus along as there is one scene where Will is doing working out and has obviously been hitting the gym hard for the movie. I swear I heard every...
  4. sketchypip

Road trip down the east coast in Jan 08 - Where to go?

Thanks for the input guys, I shall be sending forth some PM's shortly to garner some more detailed info on these places. I've heard many good things about Coffs but most of the other places are a complete mystery to me. Anyone else with secret tracks of dirt glory out there? I want to hear...
  5. sketchypip

Road trip down the east coast in Jan 08 - Where to go?

Hey guys, Me, a bloke from work and his brother are doing a mountain biking/fishing/piss drinking road trip from brissy towards melbourne and back from the 8th of Jan to around the 22nd. Have a few way points picked out along the way (namely Mt Buller and Mt Thredbo) but keen to check out...
  6. sketchypip

Choosing your username... THINK before you do it.

Its a quote from Futurama ya goose. Quite apt I thought but valid point about the skate/goth/bollocks shops. Now i just wish there was some way to make emo uncool to kids so the fuckers wont hang out at chermside on a thursday night when all I want to do is have a perve. Conformist self harming...
  7. sketchypip

BOTM Spetember 2007 HT VOTING

I have to throw down a vote for the Jackal as being the maddest rig out after had the pleasure or actually riding one. Had a boner for a week. Otherwise it'd be the BMW but only cause i have a couple (cars, not bikes :( ) but all are way sick bikes.
  8. sketchypip

Stock Market Game.

Probably should have clarified that. Didn't actually mean a shares GAME, but investing in the shares market itself. That being said, Matt and bitterbro nice work. Thats some savvy investing.
  9. sketchypip

Mi Goreng Noodles

+1 for cheap arse satisfying meal. Mi Goreng, et al with some chicken or beef and some cooked frozen vegies own. I often throw in some grated cheese and egg to thicken it up and give it some texture. On a side note, is anyone familar with Japanese foods? If not get some gear called furikake...
  10. sketchypip

Stock Market Game.

I'm just about to throw my 20 cents (maybe a bit more) into the shares game after speaking with a client who earns ridiculous amounts of coin from playing shares and hasn't worked in years as a result. 2 grand is a bloody good start (depending how much you put in), what shares have you spent...
  11. sketchypip

giant faith?

giant faith If you're on a budget grab it. Sick bike for the prices asked. I love mine to death and is by far the most chuckable DH bike I've ridden. Put some quailty parts on it and ride it forever. DO NOT i repeat DO NOT try using it for dj's. I learnt after a shattered collarbone and...
  12. sketchypip

how to no-footer

Spelling mistakes and bad grammar make baby jesus cry and make posts on internet forums hard to read. However that sounds like one gnarly bingle, so I guess you've suffered enough :D Like everyone says, start small then go big. You can't talk up your l337 hax0r dirt jump skills from a...
  13. sketchypip

What farkin forks?

Under a granite is what I had in mind. I'd love to spend more but too many other things on the go right now. I've never been a fan of big travel single crowns but only cause I'm old school and remember the first lot of big travel singles to hit the market and how it was like riding a bag of...
  14. sketchypip

What farkin forks?

Hey guys, long time rider first time (I think) poster. Got a Giant faith 2 that I've been belting around on for a while now and while I love how flickable the setup is, my riding has progressed to a stage where the junior T's aren't up the job and pack up like a bitch at anything over a...