Search results

1. avablast

New Titanium frame - Ti project

Love to see the feedback after a crash would be interesting as ti is naturally a softer metal than cr-mo or alloy. I am interested as ti has merit as a good material as a frame if it can take a hit maybe DH? Who knows.
  2. avablast

2008 Norco Team DH

WoW who has not seen one of these already?
  3. avablast

135x10 bolt up>>>>>>150x12?

if money is an issue you can get a tuff neck hub 150x12 for $150-180
  4. avablast

help!

measure the leingth of the BB shell most likely it ll be between 68-73mm than compare it to the stps shell other than that theres nothing different.
  5. avablast

not for sale, please delete

I can buy a medium Banshee Scream Bender sig frame for 997 brand new including postage from bike shed mortdale. Id consider dropping the price a tad if i was you. http://www.thebikeshedmortdale.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=161 If you can match that price...
  6. avablast

2004 Sram X9 shifter internals.

http://www.sram.com/en/service/sram/view.php?catID=1&subcatID=2
  7. avablast

honda's

If honda doesn't release a DH bike than surely they eventually be DQ from racing. I mean isn't it race it on the weekend sell it on monday? Every other manufacturer have a production based bike on the circuit except honda, and at there estimated price i can see why, but if they were doing well...
  8. avablast

10 speed shifter - yay or nay

I wouldn't get a 10 spd, maybe a 5 speed. I only use 3rd, 4th and 5th gears anyway on my DH bike. The 1 lever gimmick sounds alright, but i'd hate to think of all the misshifts you/ I would make when pinning it and pushing the lever to hard.
  9. avablast

skate park

Don't go nuts though, as concrete hurts. Get a feel for the transitions. As stated above fly outs, 180's of the quarters etc are a good start.
  10. avablast

Land and Water *56K death*

That was a good arvo of riding, the lips are nice and smooth now.
  11. avablast

Front chain guide

If you did want to make your own, the MRP guides are easy to make, as they arent the most complicated design, with exception to the world cup system 3. Otherwise theres a whole variety at your disposal. Have a look around, do a google search or whatever and see which one suits your needs.
  12. avablast

What Chain ring

What do you mean by "ramps" As my E 13 guide ring has a shoulder on both sides.If thats what you are talking about, i suggest taking a closer look at your e13 guide ring.
  13. avablast

888 RV's bottoming out

Harder springs and thicker but slightly less oil level is what i use and i never feel the dreaded bottom out.
  14. avablast

Shock sound scares me now.

I got an 05 dhx3 that sounds the same. More so with less pressure, i normally run around 180 psi. It seems to be a common thing with dhx shocks.
  15. avablast

kona stuff

I got an 06 kona cowan for the same price as a 07 kona stuff at anaconda with there 30% of 06 bike sale. And have to say for what i payed for, it isn't to bad at all. Only reason i got it was every other bike shop had nothing as good in the same price range.
  16. avablast

udi's sunday

16.9! Fark thats light for a dually. Looks sweet to
  17. avablast

New Stead

Finally got myself a hardtail, a kona cowan at that. spec Frame: 06 large kona cowan 7005 Forks: Marzochi dirt jumper 3 with quick release 20mm axle Cranks: 06 truvative hussefelt with howitser bb Rims: Sun ditch witch Guide: Kona Nothing much to really write home about, just...
  18. avablast

NS Bitch

Looks like a small frame with big ass forks. Overkill. I would swap them out first chance i get for something more suited.
  19. avablast

Bike Restoration updated!!

Pretty cool creek jumper
  20. avablast

24" rear Wheel for Downhill

The wheelbase would be the same on a mtb with a 26" wheel or a 24" as the axle stays in the same spot.