Search results

1. M

Switch Backs?

Anyone ridden the switchbacks since the floods? or are they closed? Is there anywere off road to ride for some new people at the moment? MDL
  2. M

QLD WTT - Samsiumg 40" LCD for Road bike.

Hey guys, I have a Samsung 40"" HD LCD with a inbuilt HD tuner and HDMI input. It's about 2 years old. Wondering weather anyone is interested in trading it for a road bike. I'm about 6"2 for the bike size i'm chaisng. Please post details about the bike if you have anything you would be...
  3. M

Rock Shox Recon - E clip on top

Hey guys, I spit the e clip on top of my Recon, my wife got me another one today from a bearing spot. Now how the hell do i get it back on? i mean i can pull it enough to put it over the end. It's goes above the lock out switch. Any idea's word be great. I have looked at at there web...
  4. M

Online Coach? Anyone want to help?

Hey guys, I'm looking to do some XC next year an was looking to team up with someone online and get some training help and advice as i go along. I was thinking about using the forums as communication point and well as the chat function. I live in Toowoomba, QLD, i'm 28 and have a...
  5. M

A good event for a benginner to start ok? XC

Just wondering what a good XC event would be to start at next year? Something in QLD and something on the easy side. I live in toowoomba and looking at starting some XC events next year for fun. Also anyone know a good MTB blog site? Or is there somewere i can put it up on here? MDL
  6. M

Suggestion - Riders/Training Log/Journal

Hey guys, I was just wondeirng about what people would think of a training log/Journal forum. I am about to start getting ready for next year 6 hour/24 hour races and was thinking it would help being able to talk opening about what i'm doining and that. Since i'm beginning out i thought...
  7. M

OK what's the most stupidest thing you have done. (biking wise)

Well went out for a big ride this morning (well big for me anyway). After a great downhill run. Thought i would try out this walking track, got a little way up and found out that i had a flat. Well when to chnage it and found out that i didn't take the tool for my lovely Co2 canistor. So...
  8. M

Anywere to get tubes on sunday?

Is there anywere to get some good off road tubes on a sunday? MDL
  9. M

Who was out for a ride yesterday?

Hey just wondering who was out for a ride yesterday at pinic point, they stripped there peddle. Just wondering weather you got it fix and managered to get back up the hill. MDL
  10. M

Shorts? Ebay Glider shorts?

Just wondering weather anyone has used these before. I swear i read some good reports on them. Just looking for a good cheap pair. I'm sorry but i'm just using Bball shorts at the moment, just looking for something with some padding. MDL
  11. M

Bike Computer - GPS with H/R but a Watch Based Version

Just wondering weather anyone know of a Bike computer with these features below - - Personal I like the GPS based units - This is for off road and have found the coverage good enough. - Heart Rate Monitor - Option to go between 2 bikes (not high on the list) - Be able to plug it into my...
  12. M

Out Of Room...

Hey just, Just a smiple question. I was given a camel pack for a present which doesn't have a pocket in it. I have a sable pack which i have my modile, Co2 and C02 caniset, multi-tool and link. I have jsut got some new tubes which are a little more heavy duty then the last and i can't...
  13. M

Cycling Computer - Sigma with Heart Rate for $129? Or other suggestion?

Just wondering weather anyone has used the Sigma Computer before and what there like? Looking at this one HERE at Torpedo7. Looking for something with heart rate if i could. Or if there's something better that would be great. It's for a mountain bike, main cross country and a bit of...
  14. M

Early Morning?

anyone on the south east side of toowoomba go for early MTB rides in the morning? before work? I'm around the ramsey / alderley street area, just wanting to see weather anyone else is out? I have been getting up at 5am in the morning and riding down to ruthven to upper flagstone creek then...
  15. M

New to Mountain Bikes

Hey, Just picked a a new bike, just wondering were there are some cross country tracks? I got taken across the easy track on the range but need to practice off raod with rocks and sharp corners. Anyone know were's a good place to go? Have to work on the uphill sharp corners, when going...