OK what's the most stupidest thing you have done. (biking wise)

MDL

Likes Bikes
Well went out for a big ride this morning (well big for me anyway). After a great downhill run. Thought i would try out this walking track, got a little way up and found out that i had a flat.

Well when to chnage it and found out that i didn't take the tool for my lovely Co2 canistor. So after i had taken all the air out of the tube to take it off with the tyre i didn't have anything to put the new one back up after i changed it.

So i had a lovely walk carrying my bike out, only about 4k's lol and had my wife pick me up at the top lol

MDL

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Well, I've done the same as OP - Riding through Gap Creek, got a flat right in the middle, so I thought I would change it out. Got the tire off, put the spare in, then realised I didn't have my pump with me?!? Had to carry it all the way back to the car park, which wasn't much fun, but thankfully I had a pump there.

Other than that, out with my brother when I got my new bike, and he was on his old POS Gemeni. I was going pretty hard trying to see what my new wheels could do, so he was trying to keep up, but after a while his back wheel kept coming out of alignment. No worries, just tighen up the QR and she'll be right... or not. Found out later that we had snapped the axle clean in two, and the only thing holding the wheel together was the QR skewer. Big drops on a k-mart bike are not a good idea :D.

Also managed to put a tire on backwards - Maxxis Minions two, I was NOT happy about that, those things are bloody impossible to get on and off.

My first bike me and my mate used to go riding around the estate we living in in Indonesia, and we would have plenty of fun just leaving massive skid marks all over the road. Hell on the tires though, and we would just wear them right into the ground. Until one day, rode it right through the thread, and riding along, all of a sudden I get a massive bulge in the tire, keep going, and BAM, off it goes. Riding on the inner tube is not a good idea it seems.

Cartwheels over the handlebars from forgetting to set the back brake properly.

Tree hooks around trees.

Smashing a helmet riding down a cliff that was a bit beyond me at the time (Since done it)

I think that covers the worst of it. Nothing to bad really now that I think about it haha.

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
Ride down a bigass hill with no brakes. Probably one of the scariest things I've ever done in my life.

Lorday

Eats Squid
Riding home from a swim, shake head vigorously to dry mop hair. Apparently your bike follows where you look. Ate tarmac.

bj4x4

Likes Dirt
Spun my back wheel after fixing something and reched to get a alan key and got my finger caught in the disc and chomped right on my finger nail.

D.Norton

Likes Dirt
Attempted to 180 out of a natural bank, went in semi committed, dropped my bike and landed with all my weight on the left leg which took the impact locked out.

Torn ACL, Knee Surgery and 6 months off the bike...

jackthewolverine

Likes Dirt
Attempted to 180 out of a natural bank, went in semi committed, dropped my bike and landed with all my weight on the left leg which took the impact locked out.

Torn ACL, Knee Surgery and 6 months off the bike...
I am surprised how many people do that.
I have to mates now who are out of all sports for torn ACLs

madboy

Likes Dirt
Riding up my street after bin night whilst not looking where I was going...and crashing into my Neighbours bin.

Warwick

Likes Dirt
The finger in the brakes is a recurring theme. Me too! Nearly chopped the end off.
A friend, who is a very good roadie, at around the bay a couple of years ago stuck his gloved fingers on the rear tyre to try and clean some glass of it as it spun around, only he stuck 'em in the moving spokes. Nearly cut them off.

OH yes, thinking the tiger snake was a stick was not that bright either.

Tyler!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Putting my foot on the pedal of a chainless bike, not knowing that the crank is gonna spin all the way around and make you eat handlebar...

D.Norton

Likes Dirt
I am surprised how many people do that.
I have to mates now who are out of all sports for torn ACLs
Yeah quite a few people I know this year did their's playing Rugby. They aren't fun in any case though!

What I find pretty incredible is when they take the graft for the new ligament, (the Dr. took part of my hamstring tendon) and it over time changes into a ligament and turns out to be stronger than the original ligament!

Pretty nuts how the human body can accept, adapt and change things all on its own.

Sorry for the side track but I through that it may interest some people.

Iron_Shano

Likes Bikes
I went to you yangs and thought that i would atempt double rock drop hit it half hearted didnt lift up enough and went straight over the bars snaped my wrist and had a 3 month break from riding.

-<KURT>-

Likes Dirt
Thought it'd be a good idea to hit a 10-15ft jump with a half-hearted attempt and almost no speed.....

3 months off bike:(