Search results

1. D

Heart arrhythmia in elite athletes

Have any of you experienced heart arrhythmia, a higher heart rate at time you know you should be at a lower HR? With no known underlying heart conditions. I notice that a number of elite type athletes have come forward with some sort of lone or paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation (LAF) with no...
  2. D

Why do some Freewheel hubs make lots of noise?

clicky Campags! If yer want noisy freewheels try fitting Campag cassettes! They make a lovely noise-nice and click clicks. David S Just to be silly.
  3. D

Bike buy advice

Thanks for the input, David S Thanks guys for the info, I take the hint with the 03 bikes, will have a list to arm myself with on shopping day! I like the bit on “a good light frame-upgradeable” David S
  4. D

Bike buy advice

Bit of advice on bike to buy, I’m after as light as possible, hard tail with about 80 mm travel front forks, eight or ten speed cassette for single trail general stuff. No hard down hill or jumps. Around the $2000.00 mark. I know that I will have to change a few parts to customise to get the...
  5. D

Quill stem to Ahead?

Hi All, I hear that an adapter is available to convert from a quill stem to an Ahead, can anybody Tell me a manufacturer or where to get one? Thanks DavidS
  6. D

STI to MTB-shifters and brakes conversion.

Hi All, I want to change form STI and dropped bars to MTB bars, what shifter/brake combo would work best? with Campy triple Veloce gears nine speed, and vee brake with boosters already fitted on the bike. And does anybody have experience with shift problems doing this ie synchronization...
  7. D

What am I doing wrong?

Still doing it wrong???????? Done that twice now still get" sorry, but only moderators etc has come up a second time and no DavidS on the " can post " list-thanks for all the replys-DavidS
  8. D

What am I doing wrong?

I don’t know if I am dim or what but I can’t get a reply to this question via return e-mail and I can’t post a “new topic” what am I doing wrong? I have posted before the change of format, DavidS