Search results

1. brados20

Alternatives to maxxis tyres

Long time maxxis user here. I have always been pretty happy with maxxis tyres on my bikes but the last few sets I have owned seem to have ended there lives earlier than usual due to split sidewalls or the latest minion delaminating. If your not running maxxis on your enduro/trail bikes I'd love...
  2. brados20

Going clipless

After a lot of peer pressure from my mates I decided to have a go at clipless pedals. I've been riding flats my whole riding life which is around 8 or so years. I rode flats for xc to downhill. I never really had a problem keeping up or feet bouncing off the pedals or anything like that but...
  3. brados20

Offset bushings

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has used these on their bike and how much difference did it make to the handling. I have a lapierre zesty medium which has a 67 degree head angle. Most of the newer bike come out with a 65 degree these days so I was looking to drop it by 1degree and see how it...
  4. brados20

Shimano brake bleed kits

Hey guys just wondering if anyone else has noticed a shortage of shimano bleed kits and fluid here in aus lately. I have been searching for a kit and none of the local shops have one and can't even get one from the big online stores in aus. If anyone knows anywhere in aus that has the ones...
  5. brados20

Manitou shock problems

Recently I purchased a manitou McLeod rear shock off chain reaction cycles. It's not old, about 15-20 hours use I would guess. While riding today it started bottoming out with a clunk but not getting full travel. The rubber guide was only 3 quarters down the shock. Up to now I have not had any...
  6. brados20

Formula thru axle keeps coming loose

Hey guys i am having a constant problem with thru axle on the rear of my 2015 Lapierre zesty. Problem is it keeps coming loose! Now I have cranked it up tight, I could not possibly crank it any tighter without something breaking and it still manages to keep coming loose. The culprit is a...
  7. brados20

Anyone running DVO diamond forks?

Hey guys, thanks to a great tax return this year I'm going to be upgrading the forks on my 2015 zesty. Currently they run the bottom of the run fox Ctd 150mm. I am feeling pretty underwhelmed with their performance once you start to push them hard. I had decided on a set of pikes but after...
  8. brados20

AM zesty 327 with updates

After close to 3 years away from a bike I decided to get back out there again. Picked myself up a Lapierre Zesty Am 327. Pretty stoked how nice it rode uphill and down! Bikes have come a long way since my old norco hardtail!
  9. brados20

Santa Cruz TEMPLATE

Hi, im looking for a Santa Cruz TEMPLATE
  10. brados20

QLD Sold please remove

Item: 08 Glory DH1 Location: Gold Coast Item Condition: Excellent but a few shuttle scratches around swing arm Reason for selling: I do not ride DH anymore. Need the CASH $$ Price and price conditions: $2800 + postage Extra Info: Lots of upgrades over stock, including: Sunline direct...
  11. brados20

DH The Giant'e

After chucking some new forks on my bike over the weekend, it inspired me to clean it and put some pictures up for all to see. It started as a stock 08 Glory DH1 but slowly as things wear out I have replaced them with shiny new things. :D Frame - 08 Glory DH1 Rear shock - DHX4 450 pound...
  12. brados20

QLD sold

Item: SOLD!!!! Location: Gold Coast Item Condition: Good Condition, Few scratches from shuttles but perfect working order Reason for selling: New Brakes Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: Brakes were recently bled before removal, and metallic pads recently put in. Came stock on my...
  13. brados20

Riding in Albury/Wodonga

Hey I am planning a trip down to Wodonga to visit the rello's and friends and I was wondering weather it would be worth bringing my bike along for the trip? I used to live in the area many years ago but is was long before I started riding. Just wondering if there was any decent trails down...
  14. brados20

Mcfrenzy Shuttles

Not sure if this is in the right section, but its related to DH so here it goes. I'm heading up to Toowoomba this weekend for the first time. I have searched and searched and have found where the start of Mcfrenzy is, but I was just wondering where it ends. What is the name of the street so I...
  15. brados20

Sram shifters

Hi, I had a crash the other day and destroyed the shifter on my Glory. It was an Sram X7. So now I was thinking its a great time to upgrade it. I was thinking an 07 model X9 because you can get em of Torpedo 7 for $83!! Is there much difference between an X7 and an X9? I am using an X9 short...
  16. brados20

Sold Please Delete

Item: 2007 Norco six 3 Location: Gold Coast Item Condition: Excellent mechanically, some minor scratches. Reason for selling: Unused bike, takes up precious garage space. Price and price conditions:SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD Extra Info: Bought new in January 07 as my first "proper" bike, used for...
  17. brados20

squeeky rear brake

Ok I got my new bike last friday, A glory DH1. It comes with Juicy 5's. On Friday i had a good 3 hours of riding to get used to it. Then on Saturday I was out most of the day riding the local DH tracks. About half way through the day my rear brake started to make some noise. Its not noticeable...
  18. brados20

Wow... I have a GIANT glory!

Hey, Just thought Id post up some updated pictures of my Glory DH1. It came stock with the Raceface Evolve stem and bars and a shit load of spacers!!! But I have since got rid of them and chucked on a new Sunline Direct mount stem and some Sunline V1 low rise bars. The low bars and stem put you...
  19. brados20

Wider Front Tyres

Just a question about tyres. I searched but did not really find much info on the subject. I need some new tires for my DH rig and was wondering how many people run a wider tyre on the front. eg: 2.7 front and 2.5 back. I have always ran 2.5's all round and was thinking about giving it a try...
  20. brados20

anyone got the 08 glory yet?

Hey not sure if this was the right part to post this so please don't execute me!! :) Just wondering if anyone here has got a Glory DH1 yet? I placed an order but unfortunately have to wait till the first week of November till it arrives. Just wanted to know if anyone has theirs what they...