Search results

1. T

[STOLEN]: QLD/Brisbane - Santa Cruz Chameleon 2011 + Mountain Cycle Rumble S/1

Lost my two new toys, not happy! If seen could you please send me a PM or phone on 3892 6697 and leave a message if I'm not around (mobile was stolen too...). Thanks in advance for your help folks. #1 Bike: Santa Cruz Chameleon 2011 Colour: Gloss Black Date it was stolen: 2/5/2012 Where it...
  2. T

Single speed hubs/axles question

I bought a single speed frame cheap a few months back and have it basically set up, but am having a few issues with it. My set up is as follows: - single-speed specific frame, with horizontal backward facing fork ends/dropouts and builtin chain tensioner screws. - still using a QR axle on the...
  3. T

SOLD: Brand new XT front derailleur $40

Item: Shimano XT M761 Front mech Location: Brisbane Item Condition: Brand new, unused Reason for selling: Bought the wrong one Price and price conditions: $40 + postage Extra Info: 28.6/34.9 mm clamp size Dual pull 44tooth/66-69 degrees Bottom swing Pictures: Exactly like this one
  4. T

And another Kooralbyn snaps thread

Here's a few snaps I took from the Nationals yesterday - mostly in the rock garden, and mostly under 17's and vets (cos my battery went flat after that, dammit). Enjoy.
  5. T

Sticky in photo forums on how to post

Hey guys, As the title says, is it possible to post a sticky in all photo related forums (Phat Snaps, Post Your Ride, and For Sale forums) on how to post and attach pics? I know I've seen it discussed before, but couldn't find the thread. A sticky would just make it really clear and simple...
  6. T

My stable of steeds

I finally got a digicam so thought it was time to post up my stable of bikes. Here they are. The old crapper - commuting duties only... The newly repainted Bigfoot - occasional jumps and XC... The Stinky - freeride, DH and general duties machine... Cheers Tim
  7. T

Road rules- do you follow them?

I was just wondering about this on my ride home from work the other day. Generally, I'll follow road rules, unless it's gonna slow me down a fair bit, in which case I'll break them where it seems "safe". (e.g. running a red light when turning left and no traffic coming) How do you guys feel...
  8. T

Request for help - injured rider in Brissy

My apologies if this has been posted already - I did a search and found nothing. If anyone can help or knows anything, please contact Crimestoppers or the police, as requested below. Cheers Tim ----------------------------------- Message FROM SIMON MILLICHAMP Dearest Friends...
  9. T

Spraying a frame, and decals

Heyo, I just read parallax's post about frame respraying, and that reminded me, I wanted to ask the same thing more or less. I'm respraying the old Norco Bigfoot and now have to choose a colour. I'm thinking matte black or metallic gold or metallic silver at the moment (to go with 04 DJ3s...
  10. T

How do I replace fork seals with ease?

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for replacing fork seals? I've been trying to put the new ones in and they are motherf$%@ers to try and replace. How can you get them straight in with no hassles, and reduce the amount of swearing required? If that's even possible!!
  11. T

Decent DJ style forks?

Hi there, Can anyone suggest decent forks for dirt jumping/urban and that category of riding? I have been looking at secondhand forks 1-2 years old in the Marzocchi DJ range (as long as they're not QR20). What (if anything) is in the same kind of range of price and usage from other...
  12. T

Stolen 2002 Giant AC2, Brisbane Easter weekend

I'm just posting this for a mate, so will update once I get the details. A mate I ride with had his AC2 stolen in Brisbane on the Easter weekend. It was advertised for sale (either trading post or newspaper) and someone came round to check it out, went for a "test ride" and bolted round the...
  13. T

Deore/LX rear derailleur

I'm just after a Deore or LX rear derailleur. Requirements are: 1. The cheaper the better :) - as long as it's in good working condition (i.e. no broken/bent/missing parts). Specifically, under the $80-odd that a new Deore is worth. 2. Capable of shifting over 9 speed cassette That's...
  14. T

Hardtail why?

Having recently graduated to a duallie after always riding full-rigid or hardtail bikes, I'm loving it. But, having the Stinky in for a service I went back to the hardtail the other day for a bit, and found it a bit less than plush (well, der...). So, I've heard lotsa guys talking about...
  15. T

cheap seat (around $20) for old basher

I'm wanting to buy a cheap seat for my old rigid bike, that I ride occasionally. The current one on it is screwed, but I can't justify the $50 or so for a newy from a shop. Can anyone help? If necessary, I may be willing to spend a little bit more and buy a decent one for the hardtail...
  16. T

Most ingenious repairs?

This topic just came to mind while reading an article on another site. So the question is what's the most ingenious, bizarre, dodgy or ramshackle repair you've made (or seen made) to get by or get home? To start off, mine was on a weekend XC ride in Canberra, on my old GT Outpost Trail...