Search results

1. Hugor

Wales and Somerset (Coed Y Brenin / Quontock hills) advice

CyB is such an amazing park. I rode every bike park in Wales when I was there and it was my favourite. The woods belong in a Lord of the Rings scene. Theres trails for all abilities. Plenty of them too so you could easily do a few days there. The black trails have chicken runs though you'll...
  2. Hugor

Sore Bum

Everyone has a saddle that they swear by but that will probably not work for you. Might be worth have a go at an arse-o-meter. Most Specialized stores have these. It is basically a foam sheet that dents when you sit on it to measure the distance between your sit bones. Once you know this you...
  3. Hugor

DIY GoPro MTB backpack 'aerial' mount for less than $20

I think thats very cool. TBH when I first saw your setup I thought your video footage would be too shaky but the clip you've posted looks great. The camera angle you get is similar to people who have poles on their helmets but your method looks far safer IMO. Kudos from me.
  4. Hugor

Post your Roadie

Thanks guys. Gone with 140mm front & rear. Mechanical Avid calipers with DA levers. Currently riding in Pyrenees and finding the braking with that plenty enough. Really enjoying the wheelset.
  5. Hugor

Post your Roadie

Guru Praemio R Custom Ti frame with disc brakes.
  6. Hugor

Cycling Shorts

I reckon your arse is gonna look like this.
  7. Hugor

Is there a tool to cut cable ties neatly?

Don't spread your fingers. That leads to paper break through every time and inadvertent self penetration. Cup your palm so that it behaves like an ice cream scoop instead of a salad fork.
  8. Hugor

Is there a tool to cut cable ties neatly?

Grab it with a pair of pliers and twist it till it breaks. Heat up the end with a cigarette lighter. Flatten it out with a butter knife. I've never actually done this or know anyone who has.
  9. Hugor

Arent you over it

MTB is not a chore but when you work 50-60 hrs per week lots of life shit has to wait till weekends. I'm in the same situation as JD being at least 1hr from the trails. Add the pre and post preparation and its a major blowout. Not all of us have the luxury to blow off 6-8 hours playing on our...
  10. Hugor

Arent you over it

I haven't ridden my mtb in many months. The pre and post ride faff is too much of a hurdle. I'm almost exclusively on the road these days. I can get my fix with a 1 or 2 hour high intensity spin, then I have the whole day to get on with other important things. MTB seems to consume my whole...
  11. Hugor

Niner RLT 9 build journal

If my man cave had views like that I'd move out of my bedroom. Nice frame!
  12. Hugor

Effectively using a stationary trainer.

I really rate the Kurt Kinetic Rock and Roll trainer that I use. I stiffen it up so that it only rocks sideways a small amount but it still bobs up and down a bit. It is much kinder on your rear end and the the slight sideways rock is much more natural. I have tried other peoples trainers and...
  13. Hugor

Virus Notification in banner ad

It's not just Norton. My Sophos on Mac is having issues with it too. It seems to be a pc trojan.
  14. Hugor

Healing time for damaged internal organs?

Liver and spleen lacs can be fatal. I think 6 weeks is reasonable. However its unlikely that whoever gave you that advice knows anything about internal organs, so I would trawl the internet and accept the advice your after from a random instead.
  15. Hugor

The Effects of Cycling Infrastructure upon Cyclists and their Interaction / Behaviour

Interesting topic which has the potential to make positive changes. I think most people who commute or road ride daily have strong opinions on what cycle infrastructure works and what poses a greater threat than nothing at all. It may help to spend a few months commuting or joining the dark side...
  16. Hugor

Pivot 429 alloy

Agree completely with your opinion of DW. I have the current 429 alloy. I'm a carbon-phobe so my bike choices are getting thin. I find the 429 hard work in the chunk but fortunately don't ride that much these days. Glad the SMP is working for you. You've got a saddle for life now.
  17. Hugor

what is it worth??

Don't have 3 spare bucks to compete with the above 2 offers but would you be willing to sell off some bits? I'll give you a buck for the wheels cause they sound like they'd be in good condition with the little use they've had.
  18. Hugor

Was given a gift...bike a little too big. What now?

11mm difference in the top tube between the 2 sizes. I reckon you'll get away with it easily. My fit changes loads all the time and I tend to get used to most positions. I just did a professional bike fit with Retul and my new position is completely different to anything I've had before.
  19. Hugor

NSW Med/large 'trail' bike 29er- FOUND

Thanks mate!
  20. Hugor

NSW Med/large 'trail' bike 29er- FOUND

I have a brand new Niner RIP9 frame for sale in large. http://www.gumtree.com.au/m-my-ad.html?adId=1039360543