Search results

1. R

custom 06 DH comp

Frame -06 DH comp 8.25 travel Rear shock -Manitou Revox (upgraded heaps better than swinger) Front shock/fork -06 Boxxer race Handlebars -easton mid rise Stem - Funn direct mount Headset -FSA pig DH Grips - ODI Rogue Saddle - SDG bel Air Seatpost - easton Front brake - Hayes Rear brake...
  2. R

Anyone have some Pingelly 4X photos

how bout some pingelly 4X photos, saw a fair few cameras going off
  3. R

DH comp rear spacing

Can some please tell me the rear spacing on an 06 DH comp
  4. R

Manitou Revox Setup

Hey guys just wondering how much knowledge was out there on the revox, currently i have it setup with 120 psi max bottom out resistance half lsc and no hsc with a 500lbs spring, i am 90kgs ride weight and ride an 06 DH comp. the main thing im worried about is the air pressure im not sure if...
  5. R

New Riser handlebars

Just trying to get some opinions on different risers for dh racing and what are the advantages of bigger rise or smaller, both, money no option and value for money
  6. R

In Your opinion

I just bought an 06 Giant DH comp and raced my first race last weekend (was awesome) and i mentioned i hooked my little brother up a giant faith 2 and they replied with you would be better off on the faith, no i have ridden the faith a fair few times and preffered the feel of the DH comp, when...
  7. R

cHANGING FRONT CHAIN RINGS AND ADDING CHAIN GUIDE

Hey guys just want to go to single speed up front and put on a chain guide what size front ring is best suited for downhill/freeride, and can i just remove 2 rings or do i have to adjust certain things, also are the Truvativ chain guides any good? there alot cheaper than e13's, also any other...
  8. R

Goat Farm Perth/ Compression and rebound settings

Im going riding tomorrow and i just fittted a new shock with rebound and compression adjustments(old one had just rebound) now goat farm is pretty light/medium downhill and i was just wondering rebound and what compression to run?? i know it comes down to individual but there has to be some...
  9. R

Upgrades before breakage or failure

Hey guys i just bought a 04 Ironhorse SGS expert freeride and was wondering if there is anything on the bike you think would be a good move to upgrade to save the damage later. I just bought a X-fusion Vector pro rear shock and have just ordered 08 Marzzochi 66 rcv (thanks pistol) but rest is as...
  10. R

Air or spring coil??

I've heard so much hear and there comments on air schocks and forks and i just wanted to get some opinions on preference. I have heard that downhillers prefer spring because it tracks better but im wondering if thats an old assumption with early model air products. Please any opinions are...
  11. R

66rcv's, Travis instrinic, Totems

any pro's and cons on these 3 forks?? i can get the totems and travis' for 860 off CRC 07 model and there are a few 08 RCv's around second hand 650 to 750. 1.5 steerer. And if anyone has any 1.5's for sale let me know i have Sherman Flicks 90- 130mm travel and they arent quite enough i dont...
  12. R

How old are you?

Im 25 and some of the crew aroound are so young..... can i still be competitive? i look to ride everyday though my rear shock is out at the moment but i have only just started riding i did BMX when i was young and a host of other sports i just want to know how old you guys are and the age of...
  13. R

Getting there

Ok i am a new to all this but i am getting there, so i took my blown out vanilla R (04) off my bike and worked it out to be 200mm and 50mm stroke, now theres not much out there with these sizes so if i wanted to buy say a 216 63 would it fit my bike and what are the ramifications my bike has 7...
  14. R

Rear shocks

Hey guys i just blew out my old fox vanilla (04) apparently it was common for them to do so, i dont fully understand eye to eye length coil lbs and its effect on the ride and stroke length please fill me in also its off and ironhorse sgs expert i know its probably old technology but i picked it...
  15. R

Total Noob

Hey guys here goes it, just bought a ironhorse sgs expert for 900 bucks hadnt been riden twice, my first dual suspension bike and second bike over all, blew out the fox vanilla the other day apparently was common for it now im chasing a new rear shock but i dont completely understand distance...