How old are you?

Rocky_DH

Likes Bikes
Im 25 and some of the crew aroound are so young..... can i still be competitive? i look to ride everyday though my rear shock is out at the moment but i have only just started riding i did BMX when i was young and a host of other sports i just want to know how old you guys are and the age of some of the older riders

Linnertson

Likes Bikes
G'day mate.

I'm 16 and have been riding a bike for at least 80-90% of my life due to not having a car. I have only started downhilling "properly" mid way through last year when I got my '04 bighit. I also used to BMX but stopped because of my knees (Had a knee reconstruction).

There are a lot of riders around my age but the majority is probably 25 - 35 on this site. Although I would go with an answer from Johnny or someone along those lines ;) 25... Theres HEAPS left in the tank, go for your life mate!

-Alex

Last edited:

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
19, which is a crappy age for racing, as everyone is too good compared to me... wish i was still young as i used to be a .. .gun for my age, just never got any better!!!

Linnertson

Likes Bikes
Haha, sorry.
I will rephrase that.

I have been riding at least 80-90% of my traveling life?
The point is I haven't had a car that long... You get me ;)

And yes, I thought I might be wrong thats why I said go for answer from someone who's a bit more experienced in the site ;)

-Alex

Last edited:

Razor-ryder

Likes Dirt
I'm 17..

Been racing bmx since i was 5 always been competitive.. i live 15sec from the local bmx track. (yes i actually timed it one day)

Started racing DH about two years ago.. never really got good at it.. started 4x and pretty much gunning it..

Was an easy transition from bmx..

faceplant666

Likes Dirt
Well Im 17 now and did my first race september of 06 and got owned...since then I just keep trying, all I can say is have fun and go for it you will get killed to start with (unless you hve freakish talent) but you will get there.

R33F

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im 25 and some of the crew aroound are so young..... can i still be competitive? i look to ride everyday though my rear shock is out at the moment but i have only just started riding i did BMX when i was young and a host of other sports i just want to know how old you guys are and the age of some of the older riders

Here is a thread form General Discussion:

Age is no Boundary

Funny read - you would be surprised how many 'oldies' are still riding.

:)

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i turned 17 in dec and had my first race in september but i have been riding for about 2 years before that (on mtb) from about 6 upwards i have been riding bmx bikes so yer thats my life story

pozzi

Likes Dirt
i am turning 14 this yearr! yewwww still young. haha but yeah ive been riding real bikes since like i was 9/10 years old and i just mucked around. ive only started doing real DH last year.

but yeah. go for gold! if you can still do it - just do it!

B1KR BOI

Likes Dirt
I'm 17. Ive been riding mountain bikes for about 3 years, i started out riding XC at Manly Dam for a year and then wanted to get more into DH/FR and DJ and thats what ive been doing ever since. Id like to get more into racing and thats one of my goals for this year as ive just gotten my 08 Giant Glory DH1 which im stoked with! :D

But yer 25 isnt old i mean look at Randy Spangler he is 39 and still rippin' it. Just have fun with it you dont have to be the best or win to have fun!

Last edited: