Search results

1. M

Orbea

Is the rallon available in Australia?
  2. M

29er+ options

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'll have a look at the geo on the mungo plus - seems like reviews are few and far between? Agreed LPG, which is why the Stache caught my eye originally. Seems like most other frames are spec'd towards bikepacking/touring setup - not mountain biking per se...
  3. M

29er+ options

Thanks PH - I rang around a couple of QLD/NSW shops this morning and not much luck tracking down anything in stock.
  4. M

29er+ options

Hi All, Just after comments/suggestions on 29er plus bikes/frames available in Oz. Keen to give it a try mainly for just trail riding but on occasion i will give it some. FS or Hard tail would be fine - thinking of running 2.8/3.0 tyres, and 120/130mm suspension. Be happy to spend up to $4k...
  5. M

2017 Trek Fuel EX 29 vs 2017 Giant Anthem 2

I currently have a 2017 fuel ex9.8 29er - had an anthem sx 27.5 before that (2016). I was very happy with the Anthem - especially the climbing, but I love the trek. Out of the box it was ok but I ditched the wheels for carbon twe's which really livened up the acceleration and handling and am...
  6. M

Shimano wide fit MTB shoes - Melbourne stockists?

Can the specialized shoes be ordered online? I live in regional nsw with limited local options.
  7. M

Condition of NSW mid north coast trails?

Have a few days off and thinking of a couple of days on the coast - port Mac, Coffs - maybe Taree. Can anyone advise about trail conditions? Just wondering how much rain thes places have copped in the last few days. Thanks
  8. M

Trek 2017

Thanks Bear - I did and have left a question there as well a few days back, but no luck yet.
  9. M

Trek 2017

Just got a 2017 9.8 fuel ex! Only had a couple of short rides and been mucking around with the suspension. Would love any more info or reviews on the wheels/hubs if anyone knows anything that come with this bike - the trek specs say Bontrager line comp 30. Maybe they are just generic in house...
  10. M

Snakes

Just googled copperhead images and there is one pic that is almost identical to arseclowns snake. So it' is very likely a copperhead.
  11. M

Snakes

Looks like a tiger snake?
  12. M

Post your all mountain bike

Agreed - I have a 2016 c7.2. Brilliant bike, I have ridden it heaps up and down the east coast and a couple of days at Stromlo. I am looking at upgrading the wheels to the 7.1 spec (ex1501 dt Swiss), though I might go for something else. I think you will be very happy.
  13. M

Snake repellents

I have them and know people on acreage who have them. We have not had a snake in our property since I put them up - 2 years ago. Had two Browns before that. Not saying it's cause and effect but the peace of mind for relatively low cost is worth it. I also keep a reasonably clean yard - no piles...
  14. M

Toowoomba Help

Found the pump track and easy riders loop, great tracks and the young fella had a ball. Going to explore more tomorrow - highly recommend a trip to Toowoomba.
  15. M

Toowoomba Help

Looking for some help. In Toowoomba for 2 days with my young bloke and looking for some suggested flattish mtb rides, medium tech ok but only about 6-10km Max. We went to Amos rd today and did rollercat, awesome track but the uphills limited his enjoyment. Also for the life of me couldn't find...
  16. M

Light Bicycle Carbon Rims/Wheels (Review Included on 1st Post))

Very nice - ride report?
  17. M

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

New Sight Picked up my new c7.2 sight last Thursday. http://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/all-mountain/sight-carbon/sight-c72/ Rode a lap of the piney in Armidale on Friday and today rode at Jacks Ridge Nambucca Heads and then did 60 mins at Kempsey golf course. Knackered now. Off to Kirrawak...
  18. M

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

What brand/model bike is this? Looks very nice...
  19. M

Another which car/4x4 thread

Hi Master I recently used a work 2011 petrol prado for a long drive and thought it was great. Didn't feel beat up after the drive and it cruised along a treat. The guys at work have had it for a couple of years and it hasn't missed a beat - only issue was the back door seized (apparently...
  20. M

Grazes

Thanks everyone - cracked up about the semen recommendation, let's just say I've got too many scratches and I'm not 21 anymore. Zac - I'll try the solosite tomorrow, interesting that there seems to be quite a bit of advice around to let the wounds air and keep them dry. I'll try keeping it...