What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

mtb1611

Seymour
Lap at Mt Annan and then a scenic route home around a few local management trails. Quite a few people riding at the Gardens today, good to see. And no magpie yet!

murf58

Likes Bikes
New Sight

Picked up my new c7.2 sight last Thursday.
http://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/all-mountain/sight-carbon/sight-c72/

Rode a lap of the piney in Armidale on Friday and today rode at Jacks Ridge Nambucca Heads and then did 60 mins at Kempsey golf course. Knackered now. Off to Kirrawak tomorrow.

Riding it stock at the moment except for the rear tyre - swapped out NN for an Ardent. Incredible bike, love it and will start with some minor mods soon.

Any questions fire away.
BTW - does anyone know much about these wheels - DT E512 650B?

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Nice sunny day, lying in bed too lazy/sleep deprived to get out into it. Luckily a mate rings me and guilts me into a ride. Damn fine day for it too.

Rode the old 26er Anthem, as the Anthem Adv SX was still in bits from Queensland.

Then spent a few hours quality time in the man cave :) Cleaning/reassembling/setting up the Athem Adv SX. Cursed SRAM X01 rear mech adjustment finickiness... Washed the morning's mud off the 26er Anthem. Installed an Inigo dual mount iPhone mount on the Defy (was going to get a Garmin, but the Strava app is essentially the same thing now). Washed Defy.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Bought it some storage for all the stuff that goes with it....

Don't like plain so a lick of paint and it's come up a treat...

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Washed her after the weekend's muddy mission to Wombat, near Woodend, Vic.

A loop I will not be returning to. Way too XC.
Neither my back, my legs, nor my brain enjoy that much climbing...

Ain't she purrrrdy...?
I'd touch it. :hungry:

styler

Likes Dirt
Stripped the fit cartridge in my forks and changed the oil, what a slow process to bleed the air out. Rebound working like it should, feel plush and smooth once again.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all how goes it? So yesterday and today I finally had the time and almost all the parts I needed to start the rebuild of my 2006 Spec Enduro. It was originally spec’d with a Frankenstein assortment of components Shimano and Spec hubs, Sun ringle SOS rims, Sram X7 shifters and X9 rear mech, Shimano front mech (3X9), Hayes brakes and levers, Truvativ cranks, Fox DHX air 3.0 and Marzocchi All mountain SL forks. It was a great bike that served me well for 9 years with bugger all servicing.

So when I bought a shiny new Pivot Mach 6 I couldn’t just let it go or gather dust. Firstly I stripped it down to bare frame and had the paint stripped and powder coated. It was originally a matte dark green.

It is now a 1X10 with XT cassette, and XT shadow+ rear mech, XT brakes, shifters and cranks (grabbed off my Pivot which now has XTR’s) and a WTB speed V saddle that if it’s anywhere near as nice as my WTB Vigo will be very nice on the cheeks. I found a second hand 2013 FOX float CTD rear shock but have kept the forks. I've also kept the wheels as is although I'm thinking I will convert them to tubeless. I'm not sure if that is possible with these rims so I'll have to do some googling. All it needs now is a new shift cable and adjustment, tightening everything up and I'm looking for a cheapish dropper.

I hope you enjoy the pics and happy trails!

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg