Search results

1. dog boy

2012 Snow Thread

Its getting to that time of year again, things are getting a bit chilly. I saw on Facebook this morning that perisher has covered its self with what looks like 5 maybe 10 cm of snow. Who's heading where this year? Got any new gear for the season? I'm heading to Queenstown again this...
  2. dog boy

Sopa

How is there not a thread about SOPA? http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/design/how-sopa-pipa-can-affect-you/ ^^ full information there^^and vvv there vvv http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act Its a new legislation being brought in by the us government to stop piracy. I haven't read...
  3. dog boy

All mountain bike (Brisbane preferably)

I am after an all mountain rig, Preferably in Brisbane so I can have a look before purchase. Ideally around the $1000 mark. Something allong the lines of, Giant reign, Santa Cruz nomad, something 6' travel 13.* kg ish. Send me a pm, cheers.
  4. dog boy

Recommend me an AM machine!

I am after an all mountain weapon, something I can peddle up hills all day and then bomb the rocky sections on the way down. Price range is $2000 brand new or $1000 ish 2nd hand. I have been looking at the 2011 giant reign 2 and have come to the conclusion its probably the ideal bike for the...
  5. dog boy

sale bikes .com ??? too cheap to be legit?

http://www.sale-bikes.com/ Stumbled upon this site It just seems too cheap. Has anyone bought of here before / know if its company that can be trusted. Its an Indonesian company The only contact info is an email. I put the bike I am interested into my cart but there is no way of selecting...
  6. dog boy

Frame recommendations "do it all" frame

Hey guys, as the title states I am after a new frame after I got home from a ride and discovered a nasty crack that ran all the way around the bottom of my head tube. Basically I am after a dual suspension frame that I can put all my current parts on and continue doing what I was on my old...
  7. dog boy

Gopro HD hero vs HD hero 2

Hey, I have been thinking about getting a gopro for Christmas. Now I know there are a million gopro threads already and yes I have searched and read some and extracted some valuable information about gopro vs contour. I am pretty much set go pro is the way to go but I cant workout if it is...
  8. dog boy

Wake boarding.

Im thinking about taking up wake boarding, I have done it once before, its pretty fun and there is a cable park just down the road from me. It costs to hire a board every time so I am looking at getting my own board. Is there a chain reaction cycles / sierra snowboard equivalent for wake boards...
  9. dog boy

Industrial designers?

Just wondering if there was any industrial designers on here, I am considering a change from an engineering degree into industrial design. Whats the good bits not so good bits? Job opportunity/ pay? Whats the course comprised of, mainly spending hours on cad or writing essays?
  10. dog boy

The Engineers thread.

I'm currently studying engineering at QUT 1st year at the moment. I would imagine there would be at least a few engineers on here and judging by the amount of profile pictures of people mountain biking I see in the 1st year QUT engineering groups, and the occasional pair of 5'10's I see being...
  11. dog boy

Starting your own small business

So I'm a uni student, recently lost my job. I was very lucky with my old job because I was kind of semi manager so I pretty much wrote the rosters and just fit it around my uni timetable allowing me to have weekends off and still earn $250 a week. Not bad full time uni, $250 a week and weekends...
  12. dog boy

Freeboarding

Does anyone freeboard? I stumbled across it the other night. I'm tempted to get one for the propose of improving my snowboarding through the summer months. So I have a few questions. http://youtube/98-RhKZwJG4 Does it feel exactly the same as snowboarding or at least as close as you can...
  13. dog boy

2011 snow thread

I think the 2010 thread has died, we are in 2011 now. That time of year has come again when I get exited for the snow. Family offered me a trip to england on my July uni holiday but I had to decline. Instead I'm doing 10 days in NZ hopefully the 11th till 21st or something around then. So...
  14. dog boy

carbon tax? has the world gone mad.

OK so were already taxed the shit out of everything in life, alcohol tax, road tax, tax on Ur earnings just because tax, tax on your tax, 3% tax on buying a motor vehicle the list goes on. So now theres a proposed carbon tax due to start April I believe. Erm why? It seems like theres already...
  15. dog boy

Engineering subject selection (QUT)

EDIT: dont worry after a whole day of reading stuff on QUT's website I found out what to put.
  16. dog boy

Nice places to camp around Brisbane.

Ok guys, so I am looking for some cool campsites around Brisbane. preferably in the mountains, in places like the sunshine coast or cold coast / northern NSW hinterland would be perfect. preferably camp fires allowed, and obviously mountain bike trails would be a bonus :p. out of about 20...
  17. dog boy

Printers...

ok so after struggling to know what to get people for Christmas I thought maybe I should get something useful. we need a new printer because our 2 kodaks one was $150 and the other $200 have shat themselves and no longer register that they have full ink cartridges. we have had other cheap...
  18. dog boy

Movember

Tomorrow morning I will be shaving my face completely clean until the 30th of November. I’m giving myself a two week head start so that my tash will be epic. the plan is grow out my beard till the first of November then shave everything but the tash. so why am I doing this to “change the face of...
  19. dog boy

2011 autodesk inventor

Calling all profesional rotorburn cad users. I kinda accidentaly deleted the toolbar that runs down the left hand side by default the one that shows pats, extrusions constraints ect. I managed to get it back up the otherday but every time I load the program it isnt there. I forgot how I.got it...
  20. dog boy

android phones

Thought there should be a thread for android phones, but i have also put this in the iphone 4 thread. ok guys, just got back from perisher where my phone decided to pack up. i have 2 weeks until my plan expires. so i went down to the shops today to try and get a new plan on an iphone...