Search results

1. Jonny26

Roof racks or bike rack on towbar?

Well I am quite fastidious when it comes to checking how much I get from a tank, I reset the K's on each fill up to see what I am getting, not an exact science but it gives me a rough average. So I am comfortable with what i said and why I will not use roof racks again. The other thing to...
  2. Jonny26

Roof racks or bike rack on towbar?

So I can tell you from personal experience that roof racks are easy to use as long as you don't forget your bike is on top, but it can soak up a lot of fuel. I used to do Sydney to Canberra once a month, first time no racks did on half a tank, 2.0 litre XR4, added the racks and only the racks...
  3. Jonny26

Coughing

So what I like to do is, hot water with a whole squeezed lemon, 1 or 2 cloves of garlic crushed and manuka honey to taste. It looks bad, but I think it tastes OK, honey is a antibiotic and you probably the properties of the other 2. HTH
  4. Jonny26

Stupid little modification mistakes

Trying to take my chain of a new bike before flying home, I thought it was SRAM power link, I spent 30 minutes trying to get it off, decided to stuff the power link and use chain breaker tool, that quickly bent as I applied pressure, it was late I couldn't get to the shop, anger got the better...
  5. Jonny26

Vibration in back wheel, any suggestions? see pic

It wasn't that bad when it blew out for me, it did give me a start though as the first didn't blow. Also the bulges happened while I was riding, much fun....
  6. Jonny26

Vibration in back wheel, any suggestions? see pic

So I have had this happen twice to me with the UST ignitor, I took it back to the shop the first time the tyre was off the rim but it still had a rock hard bulge.. The sales guy was not interested in showing it to the distributor, he said the ply had delamed due to a hit, so I bought another one...
  7. Jonny26

Post Your XC Machine

That's awesome!
  8. Jonny26

Manly Dam Works Feedback

So before the steps were there I considered it a tricky section, as mentioned if its wet or dry the timber is slippery, I was there a few weeks ago and walked that section to see what people are talking about. Well I have to say its bloody dangerous IMO, if you hit your head on those steps it...
  9. Jonny26

Prance Armstrong and Sydney's two-wheeled tribes - Which one are you?

So interesting read in the SMH, gave me a bit of a laugh and made me think which one am I? So I must admit I am a road warrior but have some leaning towards wanting to be a prance Armstrong...
  10. Jonny26

What do you eat/drink/do before a ride?

My problem is I feel bloated if I eat too much carbs, not massive amounts just a decent size.. More so I feel hungry enough to eat a lot a few hours before, but I am rubbish for hours after. So I need like 3 hours after eating before a ride. If I have a light carb (complex normally) meal I feel...
  11. Jonny26

F%#k you Carl Scully

On my rides to work through the city I see lots of cyclist doing stupid things, that is my opinion that they are doing stupid things. I have also seen 2 cars driving side by side chatting holding up traffic. As dcrofty mentioned, you can find fault anywhere, no road user group is perfect, I...
  12. Jonny26

Friday Sydney CBD drink / gab fest

OK I will try and make it in for a drink before I step out for the night, I will be wearing a British flag belly button protector....
  13. Jonny26

Sweet, I better make sure there plump and perky for said fondelling ;)
  14. Jonny26

so is there a secret hand shake or do I look for the bad tan lines and partially shaved legs.. How does a noob to farkin drinks know?
  15. Jonny26

Creaks

Seat rails, my seat will squeak when I twist it with my hands, try grease. HTH
  16. Jonny26

Another reason why cyclists are getting a bad name.

So I was on the bus the other day going over Anzac bridge, I can't remember the exact time of day but it was the afternoon and quite on the bridge. Anyway, were at the top of the bridge and the bus pulls out to the left and then veers back in, I was kinda confused as to why he did that, so I...
  17. Jonny26

Warning for cyclists Newtown, Sydney

Take the profession away from the scenario and you get a person being rude to another person. You tell me what your reaction is going to be? For the people who say wah, wait till you are falsely accused or arrested and then enjoy other people telling you to HTFU. Code of conduct for...
  18. Jonny26

F%#k you Carl Scully

So I have just got back from the US and I am cycling to work, over Anzac and Sydney Harbor bridge, I am starting to see why some motorists are getting upset, some cyclists are just idiots. One guy just had to keep running reds and the like. Another guy (who was at least 45), and this was...
  19. Jonny26

First PIVOT firebird here in WA! So I had to PIMP IT!

I would really love one of these, they look so sweet, nice and fast with next to no pedal bob I hear. how does it ride?!
  20. Jonny26

Buying in the USA

Flights are a grand to LAX, hostel for 3 days maybe 150 for an OK place, food fun booze, 400.00 and get the bike shipped to the hostel, you get a mini holiday while you get your bike. I brought a 3k bike through customs this week and didn't pay a cent in GST.