Search results

1. Jonny26

Prance Armstrong and Sydney's two-wheeled tribes - Which one are you?

So interesting read in the SMH, gave me a bit of a laugh and made me think which one am I? So I must admit I am a road warrior but have some leaning towards wanting to be a prance Armstrong...
  2. Jonny26

Another reason why cyclists are getting a bad name.

So I was on the bus the other day going over Anzac bridge, I can't remember the exact time of day but it was the afternoon and quite on the bridge. Anyway, were at the top of the bridge and the bus pulls out to the left and then veers back in, I was kinda confused as to why he did that, so I...
  3. Jonny26

Close call, too close for comfort!

Well I thought I would tell anyone willing to read this about my exciting commute to work this morning, currently I am in North Carolina (US) working. Started my normal route to the office and got a couple of k's in, cruising down a 4 lane road with a medium strip that has turning lanes in it...
  4. Jonny26

This is one way to advertise your bike has been stolen..

Gotta love this guy!
  5. Jonny26

Shipping bikes to the US and possible customs duty

Hey Guys, just wondering if anyone has shipped a bike to the US? I am heading to North Carolina for 90 days and I would like to take my SS and my dualie. I am thinking of shipping both, SS for commutes to work and the dualie for some trail exploring. My concern is that I could face duty on...
  6. Jonny26

[XC] My upgraded ride

Hey guys, thought I would post my new XC\hucker bike, I love it, only had a single ride on it so far. I even managed to go OTH, but I still love the bike. I have gone from a GiantVT1 04 to an Giant Reign 08, I just added all my parts from the VT to the reign. Forks: Rockshox revalations...
  7. Jonny26

Inspired Bicycles - Danny MacAskill April 2009 You tube vid

Hey guys, just had someone show me this and I had to share!! Awesome riding skills, I wish I had a tenth of the skill he does! [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o[url]
  8. Jonny26

Mavic Rims

Ok, just to start off I am trying to gauge what these rims are worth, I am not starting a for sale thread as my mate is buying them, even if I was to start a for sale thread I wouldn't know how much to ask. :confused: Can you guys help out and give me a ball park figure? 9\10mm QR Hubs...
  9. Jonny26

Advice needed on parts

Hey Guys, after a little help with some parts I am thinking of getting for My Giant VT1. I recently had the seals done on my forks and I have blown the right seal again. They are Rock Shox Psylos (SP) and I think I am asking a little too much of these old fellas. Riding style now : XC...
  10. Jonny26

Muppet that caused 60 bike pile up last year is truely a knob

The guy on trial has no idea at all, he stated in court that bikes are only allowed to travel in the emergency lane... How did he get his license?! http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/pack-pileup-driver-accuses-cyclists/2009/01/28/1232818495327.html " Harriet Alexander January 28, 2009...
  11. Jonny26

Street cred for sale

A bike messenger is selling his street cred on ebay.. Some of the questions on there are great! Love it, I was tempted to get some extra cred...
  12. Jonny26

Pack cycling gets a hard time in smh.com.au

I thought I would post this up, it does not paint a great picture of pack cycling. But I am guilty of not obeying all the road rules when I ride... But I am also guilty of not obeying the road rules when I drive either...
  13. Jonny26

Upgrading my hubs on Mavic cross max's

Hey Guys, looking for a little help with a question regarding upgrading my hub size on my 04 GiantVT 1. What I am wanting to do is upgrade to a QR 15 (I think that is it anyway) to accommodate larger front forks. So I can then get larger disks on. Perhaps to a 20mm size not sure.. Wheel...
  14. Jonny26

Why do upgrades always blow out?!

So I bought myself some early Christmas presents in the form of upgrades for my VT1. I have pretty much given it a good hammering and the running gear was getting shitty to say the least. So I ordered myself some bike bling in the form of: XTR front derailleur XO rear derailleur XO shifters...
  15. Jonny26

Custom cycle jerseys

Hi Guys, I am looking to get some custom jerseys made up for a team I put together for the Sydney 24 hour in Feb and I am wondering if any of you guys have done it before? Obviously it will be a low volume order and we don't want to spend a fortune. I am talking to some places at the moment...
  16. Jonny26

What front derailleur can I fit to my bike

Hi Guys, I am a little unsure what type of front derailleur I can fit to my 04 Giant VT 1, I have decided to update the running gear as its dying, I am looking online but not sure which model will fit correctly. Going buy the images online and looking at my bike the top swing looks like the go...
  17. Jonny26

Moon Saddle?!

So I was flicking through a UK mag last night and I stumbled across this article about the "Moon Saddle".. Its a funky looking thing and I was wondering if anyone has used it? http://www.cyclesense.co.uk/products.php?plid=m14b243s82p4760
  18. Jonny26

Nice work boys!!

Well I just wanted to give a shout out to the trail builders at Madura, I was riding there yesterday and there is some new Northshore stuff along with a bit of new track. I love riding Madura and you have just made it even better! I am from Sydney and haven't been there for a month, again...
  19. Jonny26

End of the month ride

Hey Guys, I am coming down to Canb for a few days at the end of the month and normally ride with mates, that won't change but I thought I would throw a shout out to see if any one is interested. Were not hardcore fitties, so we normally go out for an hour or more (As long as we are not hung...
  20. Jonny26

Post Count - What counts as a post?

So I have some questions regarding post counts, as I have been posting away here and there but I have noticed that my post count does not always increment. I know there is a minimum of 10 characters before you can submit. But is there anything else that can affect a persons post not to...