Search results

1. chrisp2087

NSW Sold

Hi All, Got a set of Rockshox forks ready to go, for 26inch, great condition, used for XC riding (and some commuting), replaced with upgraded Fox forks, steerer cut to 185mm. Item: Rockshox Tora Location: Northern Beaches or Sydney CBD Item Condition: Good condition, used not abused...
  2. chrisp2087

SRAM shifter / shimano derailleur

Hi All, A possibly silly question. I'm gradually changing my drivetrain to Shimano from SRAM (I just prefer Shimano) and I have reason to change my rear derailleur but funds don't allow much else. So my question, can I change the derailleur whilst leaving the SRAM shifter? or are the...
  3. chrisp2087

Compact vs Regular groupset

Hi guys, I'm in the market for a new roadie soon and have been looking for an Ultegra groupset with a carbon frame for around $3k, main contenders are Giant, EmC2 and Merida at the moment. I've noticed a nice merida and giant with the compact groupset, just wondering what the opinions are...
  4. chrisp2087

Chainring compatibility 9sp 10sp

Hi Guys, I have a bike with the Shimano 105 10speed groupset. I am looking at replacing the rear cassette with a new one (it's done about 300kms does this sound like the right time to replace?). I am also looking at replacing the inner (small) chainring (I spend too much time in...
  5. chrisp2087

Chain, Chainring, deraileur cable and cranks

Hi guys, Having recently snapped my deraileur cable I decided to put all my new spare bits on the bike (so new XT cranks, SLX cassette, XTR chain) also obviously a new deraileur cable. I am having a problem with a skipping / slipping chain on the rear cassette, especially when I'm putting...
  6. chrisp2087

Training: back after a break, how easy to go?

Hi Guys, I'm just getting back into proper training after having pretty much November (since the fling) and December (Christmas) off. I've probably only ridden 250-300km since then, plus been running once a week and swimming once a week (although no riding or swimming in the last 2 weeks)...
  7. chrisp2087

Sub $500 beginner bmx?

Hi Guys, I'm just about to get $500 cash for a job I did for a mate, it's a bit of a windfall gain so I thought I'd spend it on a bmx to get my skills up and just have a bit of a toy. Do I have a chance of getting anything reliable for less than $500? I'll probably mostly do some runs...
  8. chrisp2087

Was it a good idea?

So I've done about 1,000kms on my Trance X1 (yes I know I should ride more, but I was out of the country for 5 months out of the 15 I've owned it) I've replaced the chain but nothing else So Torpedo 7 goes on special, hellow $300 XT cranks, $50 9spd XTR chain & $50 SLX cassette, $400...
  9. chrisp2087

Bicycle registration in Scotland

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/-Government-in-talks-over.5642372.jp Just an interesting read & sure to get people thinking
  10. chrisp2087

Skewers - help?

Hi Guys, I ride a pretty stock 2008 Trance X1 with DT Swiss Skewers (with the 370 hub and Mavic 317 rims). I'm having some issues with the skewer, it is really difficult to tension correctly, to the point where the only way of getting it tight enough is to essentially stand on the QR lever...
  11. chrisp2087

Slipping rim tape??

Hi Guys, I've had a problem with my roadie for a while now. The rim tape on the rear wheel keeps slipping & exposes the eyelets (is that the right word) where the spoke enters the rim. This causes flats in my tyres, I've tried new rim tape & at the moment I'm just putting medical tape over...
  12. chrisp2087

What will wear out first?

I was sitting here wondering, what on your bike will wear out first? I ride mainly XC type of stuff, a bit AM I guess, riding a 2008 Trance X1 and considering what will wear out first. The reason I want to know is so I can be on the look out for those parts before they wear out. So if it's...
  13. chrisp2087

Giant Trance X1 vs Scott Genius MC 40

Hi Guys, As some of you might know I've been pretty heart set on getting a bike very soon (when results for my final exams come out, it's my reward). So I've done my bit of research and come up with Trance X1 as unbeatable value (talking componentry, suspension travel etc, I'm set on 4-5...
  14. chrisp2087

Lights and such

Hey guys, With winter coming up and me being an office drone I'm going to be "limited" in my ability to go riding during the week, so in an effort to combat this I'm thinking of getting some lights and hitting the trails anyway. I was wonder what you guys think of the lights that are...