Search results

1. Mad German

130kg rider and suspension set up

Yep folks, I currently weigh in on just under 130kg and started riding again recently after gaining a good 25kg. Now, the obvious question I have is whether there is someone who offers different shocks for my Felt Edict. I think it's just a matter of time before my Monarch RT3 retires...
  2. Mad German

From Sydney to Brisbane on road bike this Christmas, anyone?

Of course it is! With Vaseline! :target:
  3. Mad German

From Sydney to Brisbane on road bike this Christmas, anyone?

Hi everyone, I am planning on riding from Sydney to Brisbane in the upcoming holidays. I'm looking for anyone who wants to join in. There is no set schedule, I am all open to suggestions, with the only exception: I want to sleep in hotel/motel with shared costs. Other than that,.... open...
  4. Mad German

Road Races

Hey thanks for that. Does that mean they are club races?
  5. Mad German

Road Races

Hi, wouldn't it be nice to have a sticky of some sort that announces road races and perhaps a separate one that announces Offroad races, too? I have swapped my MTB with a Road bike permanently and am looking for some races (not so serious ones), where I can benchmark with others in the...
  6. Mad German

MS gong ride roll call 2011

My first time, too! I'm planning sub 4 but expecting more a 4-4.5! My goal was $2500 and I'm only 10% into it. I guess with the amount of time left, I won't reach this goal. http://register.gongride.org.au/2011-Sydney-to-Gong-Ride/Fighting+MS
  7. Mad German

Loose spoke(s)

Okay, might seem a nerdy question, but I cannot find an answer anywhere; On my Roadie, I noticed shortly after buying the bike, that a spoke became loose all the time. Perhaps every 200km or so. Now, I realised that there are many more becoming loose and not only after 200km but after 4k's...
  8. Mad German

New Rim for heavy rider

Yes/No! Yes it was inspired after transpiring up the hills. No Sat ride was not the cause, it was buckled a long time ago and I felt how floppy the rear end is, with a buckled wheel. :p
  9. Mad German

New Rim for heavy rider

Okay, I did search the threads but couldn't find the answer, hence I start a new thread; I am in excess of 100kg and ride a Mavic Crosstrail on my back which is totally stuffed. Within budget, what is a good replacement that I should get for my weight? It has to be 24 spokes and UST...
  10. Mad German

Castle Hill Ride

Fred Caterson Reserve Hi everyone, I am planning to unwrap my MTB the first time this year and check out Fred Caterson Reserve in Castle Hills. Is it a waste of time, or is there anything interesting to discover? What about Quarry Road in Dural? I tried it once and ended up in Hornsby. Is...
  11. Mad German

Castle Hill Ride

New here! Hi everyone, scblack just referred me over to this thread! Essentially I am looking for a bunch of people to ride in the Dural/CH Area for XC riding. Usually I read the thread first, before I apply but pleeeeeeeease don't expect me to read 78 pages of messages before I get the...
  12. Mad German

Looking for riders MTB & Road in Dural area (Sydney Hills district)

Hi, I want to get back into riding after a 15month break and looking for mates wanting to go for shorter and longer rides in the area. I also want to go back into racing and am looking to join a club, too! Please contact me via PM or here via reply button Cheers Mad German ;)
  13. Mad German

Wanted: Angry Doctor and/or Full Fling

Missed out on both. Please drop me a line if you're willing to sell your entry. Might even consider Half fling! Cheers :)
  14. Mad German

can't seem to post

*lol* Forget it, I didn't know I have two accounts here. This one is probably an old one which can be deleted. *blush*
  15. Mad German

Gamin connect substitute

Hmmm,.... as I type I am again uploading to Sports Tracks but nothing happening. I tried it on the weekend and left it for about two hours to upload all data...... I had to close through task manager. Can you go into detail what exactly you do (cloud)?
  16. Mad German

Gamin connect substitute

Yes, I tried it, but as I said, it stops uploading after a while..... When I uploaded a file to play with, it didn't even show a map or so (like google maps)
  17. Mad German

Gamin connect substitute

Yes it is too simple
  18. Mad German

Gamin connect substitute

Hi, for the last twelve months I use my Garmin Edge 705 to analyze my rides. Of course only for the sake of analysing....... I was a premium user on motionbased but since motionbased had been taken over by garmin, I am missing some functions like weather details in the area, or the climbing...
  19. Mad German

Alpine Assault 100km (Falls Creek - Mt Beauty)

@ Ant: what do you think? Should I try the 100k's or is there no point? :rolleyes:
  20. Mad German

Highland Fling Anyone ?

Calories wise I'm unbeatable (not so much time wise :( ) http://connect.garmin.com/activity/18631513