Search results

1. drew.d

NSW Vitus Vee-29 single speed mtb SOLD

Item: Vitus Vee-29 single speed - Rigid mtb. Small-Medium size. Running 34 x 18t, with NC-17 touring bars fitted. It's not really a cross-country bike - more of an urban/street bike, hence posting in this thread. It's a heap of fun to ride around town. Location: Gladesville, Sydney (Lower...
  2. drew.d

Sold

I have an F & R Avid elixir set, date stamped Sept 2011, to move on. Rear recently bled. Cable lengths were cut to an easy fit on a medium size dually. Condition: used, but good; plenty of wear left on pads (see pics) Price: $60 for the pair, + post at cost Reason for selling: Changed to newer...
  3. drew.d

NSW Hardtail XC bike, medium

I'm looking for a well maintained 2nd hand hard tail xc bike, preferably 2-3 years old, and 29er (but happy to consider 26 too). Needs to be medium size. Componentry should preferably be SLX or X9 and up (but happy to consider what's on a good frame). Will pay well for the right set up. I know...
  4. drew.d

NSW SOLD: Racing Ralphs 2.1 Tubeless *new*

Item: 2 x Racing Ralphs, 26x2.1, UST tubeless, Location: Gladesville, Sydney Item Condition: new and never fitted to a wheel Reason for selling: No use for them Price and price conditions: $35 each plus postage Extra Info: Pictures:
  5. drew.d

NSW *SOLD* 2004 Giant NRS 1 - good entry level dually/project bike

For sale is my Giant NRS 1 dual suspension. Good solid xc/enduro bike (NRS was equivalent to the Anthem in its day), and you still see heaps around at races. Yep, it's older, with less travel, but it climbs super well, and because the rear suspension rides firm, it's very efficient, and doesn't...
  6. drew.d

Bent handlebars...?

Does anybody know some good ways to test if I've bent my handlebars and/or stem? I'm pretty sure at least the bars are bent from a crash, but it makes my eyes water trying to tell for sure. Left side seems to have been pushed forwards and down. Also, I wonder - if the bars were bent - has...
  7. drew.d

Helmets ABC

After a recent crash that included a good wallop to the side of my head, I'm after a new helmet (no rush... wait for the broken arms to heal :p). I've read through the other helmet threads, but have some questions that I can't find any consistent answers to: 1. Does higher price generally...
  8. drew.d

2004 Giant NRS 1

Now, I know, old bike. I'm learning that painfully when I tried to have the rear shock replaced recently and nobody makes a shock short enough to fit it. But, I still see a few of these around. My question is, does anybody have experience of putting 100mm forks on these. The Manitou...
  9. drew.d

Shortening brake lines- Shimano SLX

Ok, so I've just got a new set of SLX brakes. I wasn't expecting them to come pre-bled, but they have, and now I need to shorten the lines. I've had a bit of a look around and couldn't find a thread on cutting lines... so, any pointers from anyone? The brakes didn't come with instructions...
  10. drew.d

Field of Mars as a trail site?

Hey, I'm in Gladesville, and taking a look around the Field of Mars area (walking, not riding - it's not legal), it seems to me like a perfect place for a Manly Dam style track of about 5kms. Good hill, variety of terrain etc, central location for a huge area. I wonder if there's the...
  11. drew.d

Gladesville etc.

Hey, just trying to see how many riders are in the Gladesville, East Ryde, Hunters Hill area... I've seen a few guys around on serious mountain bikes. And where do you normally ride?