Search results

1. flamshmizer

Five Ten Quality Going Down?

Hey all I owned my first Impact V2's for around 3 years before they finally started to really fall apart. The out sole separated from the mid sole after a night sitting very close to a fire. I bought a set to replace them and the out and mid-sole have separated from the upper of the shoe...
  2. flamshmizer

2 wheelsets, 2 different sized cassettes?

Hi all, Got 2 wheelsets for my bike now, one downhill and one trail. I was wondering if its possible to run a smaller ratio cassette on the downhill wheelset than on the trail wheelset to get a better spread of gears, and not having to fiddle with the derailleur every time I change wheels...
  3. flamshmizer

QLD Lower shock mount for 06-09 Giant Glory

Item: Lower shock mount for 06-09 Giant Glory Location: QLD Item Condition: As long as it works. Price and price conditions: Less than a brand newy. Extra Info: I have the spacers but need the stainless steel rod. Beleive its 35mm long, so if someone has a rod longer that I can cut I'd go...
  4. flamshmizer

QLD White Elixir 5's - $100 Posted SOLD

Item: White Elixir 5's Location: Toowoomba, QLD Item Condition: Fine and dandy, cosmetically very few marks and the pads have only about an hour of riding on them Reason for selling: XT's Price and price conditions: Sold Ya'll Extra Info: Hoses are quite long, can get exact measures for...
  5. flamshmizer

Riding near Latrobe valley/ Moe

Hey all, I'm going to Moe at the start of next year to visit my grandad, and I'm hoping to get a day or a couple afternoons of riding in. I have my own ute so I can get myself around, but would rather not travel too far. About an hour or 2 at absolute most. I'll be bringing a trek scratch...
  6. flamshmizer

Where the Trail Ends - Free bus!

Just got some pretty cool news from the Red Bull rep for USQ. He says they are screening "Where the Trail Ends" at a cinema in Brisbane, and if he can get enough interested riders Red Bull will put on a bus for all the Toowoomba'ites to go down and see it! Spread the word and post up here if you...
  7. flamshmizer

2x Chain Guide with Taco

Evening Burners, I've got a decent enough chain guide that came with my bike, but I'm looking for one that has a bit more protection. I'm a fan of the Taco style guides, but need one for two chainrings. So far i know of the E13 guide, the MRP and the Blackspire one. Are there any others? Are...
  8. flamshmizer

Fox 36 Talas topout

Hey burners, I've had my 2012 180mm Talas 36's for just under a year now, and I don't remember them heavily topping out when I first got them. My first thought was air in the compression cartridge, but I pulled that side of the fork out, cycled it a bunch of times and there was not a "dead"...
  9. flamshmizer

QLD 2008 STP Pro ! SOLD !

Item: 2008 Large STP Pro Location: Toowoomba, QLD Item Condition: Mechanically excellent, Frame has a few nicks. Reason for selling: Have a new Bicycle Price and price conditions: 800 ONO Extra Info: Most of this bikes duty was commuting, and as such it’s in pretty good mechanical...
  10. flamshmizer

Geometry at sag

Hoping to create a bit of a discussion here, wondering what everyones opinion is on static vs. dynamic geometry. One example is the old (06-09) Glorys compared to the new ones. The new ones have the same static head angle, but lack 10% of the rear travel, which means at sag their head angles...
  11. flamshmizer

Val Di Sole World Cup

Surprised that a thread hadn't been made yet. Think Gwin will crush it again or will one of the young guns snatch it? Stevie Smith looked good for it but he's injured and not racing today. How's everyone's feed going? Mine is constantly stopping and loading.
  12. flamshmizer

Bottom bracket is flogged, need help chosing new one

Hi all, my bottom bracket has tonnes of play in it, which I've narrowed down to one of the bearings being completely shagged. I'm not sure wether replacing the bearing is the go or whether to get a new BB. The bike in question is a 2008 STP Pro, with 73mm saint cranks and "Shimano Saint...
  13. flamshmizer

Found this bargain on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-SPECIALIZED-AIR-FORCE-3-Helmet-56-64cm-BLUE-/180601935108?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a0cb6d504 What a shame he only has 8...
  14. flamshmizer

Yet another suspension set up thread

Hi all, I've got an 08 giant glory, with DHX-5, and I've just started running a 350lb spring. I weigh roughly 67 kilo's normally, so i'm guessing about 69ish with DH gear on. I checked the sag and it sags roughly 1 inch of the 3 inch stroke, with no coil preload. Problem is, I run no...
  15. flamshmizer

Frenzy council maintainence

Just rode frenzy, it appears the council has done some maintainence, namely a little trimmig of the log drop at the top and cutting out that tree right next to the chute after the concrete section, some new concrete at the bottom of the concrete section so there's no longer a little drop, and a...
  16. flamshmizer

Jared Graves, Local Hero

This needs to be posted up for every mountain biker to see, this was in the local paper today: http://www.thechronicle.com.au/story/2010/02/09/injured-bike-star-stunned-at-generosity/ A carry on from this article yesterday...
  17. flamshmizer

Hubs for Demos

Hey all, had a massive week of riding planned, but one of my mates (kinda large guy) pedalled hard up a hill and broke his free-hub, and sheered the outer shell of his hub at the same time. Bike is an 06 demo, and he says he's broken 2 free hubs on different hubs before. Can anyone recommend...
  18. flamshmizer

Fox 40 lowers, no stickers?

NOTE: Not an LBS rant. I punctured my fox 40 lowers at Illinbah, which saddened me quite a lot and kept me off the bike for a few weeks. I purchased some new lowers through a bike shop, all happy until i noticed the lowers without stickers. When i enquired as to whether there was some sort of...
  19. flamshmizer

GoPro HD Hero helmet cam

Yes ladies and gentlemen, that all time value for money king GoPro now has a HD cousin, capable of recording full 1080p video and taking 5MP photo's. It still seems to have a huge angle lens which was one of the big features of the old camera. http://www.goprocamera.com/hdheropreview/ Not...
  20. flamshmizer

Not so bendable rotors?

I am sooo sick of having to un bend my lousy avid rotors, can anyone recommend some rotors that bend slightly less or are they all this bad and its just something i have to live with?