Search results

1. G

Training programmes

I have been riding for almost a year now. The bike is positioned correctly for me etc. I have thought that I was a good rider until I started riding with a new group and have found that I am not as good as I thought that I was. Now I am more motivated than ever to get out their be faster...
  2. G

Training programmes

Just researching a little as to wether a training programme is all worth it or not. I'm talking about one that a coach will design for you to make you a better, fitter and faster rider?????
  3. G

What would you pay???

Sorry it is just the frame. It is my cousins bike and he says it is still in good nick for a 2003 bike
  4. G

What would you pay???

Just wandering what you would pay/offer someone who has a 2003 santa cruz heckler?????
  5. G

Santa cruz heckler

Just wondering what would be a good price to offer someone for a santa cruz heckler frame and it is a 2003 model????
  6. G

bike trouble

When I got the chain replaced they did not replace the cassette. But this bike was only about 2-3months old and should never have had this problem. Yes I rode the bike but not enough to wear the chain. I am thinking of taking the bike to another LBS that do not even sell Giant bikes and have...
  7. G

bike trouble

Hi not sure if anyone can help or have any idea. I have had my mtb for a little over 6mths and about 2 months into owning it the chain kept slipping. I took it to the LBS and was told that I needed a new chain as it had worn. So I paid for a new chain with no complaints stupid me. Now I take it...
  8. G

loop the lake

Do you know of any good Sunday rides??? Doing a ride tomorrow with my other friend that I ride with on Saturday's. Thinking I may have to start to do some Saturday morning bunch rides though ie Hadley's or maybe 2wi. Do you ride any other day besides Saturday morning????
  9. G

loop the lake

No I ride with another lady on Saturday morning. Funny thing that Saturday group ride. The ride leader that we had decided that it didn't fit in with his fitness regime and was not going to do it anymore. Now he has decided to be the Saturday ride leader again. Don't think he knows what he...
  10. G

loop the lake

Well I have crossed another goal of my list of achievements. I did the full loop in 5hrs and loved every minute of it. Next year I shall be faster and a stronger rider. Hey Ronster maybe I could get some training tips of you seeing as you don't live to far from me.... What a great day is all I...
  11. G

Fires!

My husband heard last night on the radio that a couple of 15 yr olds had started one of the fires in Vic stating that it was a shit town. Someone send them to prison not a juvie centre but send them with all the other adult murderers etc and have no mercy for them. I would not even spit on them...
  12. G

Credit card debt

Yes it is hard with a young one in the house. As your whole life changes when these little bundle of joys come along. Especially when you are working. I use to work as a personal carer at a nursing home, went back for 6 months and was happy working the shifts that I wanted to fit around with...
  13. G

Credit card debt

Yes we have one child and I would like to work say a 10-2 job but where are they. I have been searching and have found absolutley nothing. Reason for a 10-2 job is that my little one is in pre school and when he does start school then I know that I can be their for when he goes and when he comes...
  14. G

Credit card debt

Grip, Sometimes it is nice to chat with others and see what they are thinking of the situation, there maybe someone out their with good advice to give that I may not know of as I have not been in this situation before and I am really stressed, panicking and shitting myself to be...
  15. G

Credit card debt

Sorry the amount was 19,000 not 190,000. I would definately not want to be alive having that amount of debt
  16. G

Credit card debt

So I had a look at our credit card and we have a debt of $19,000 with only a couple of hundred left to use. I am sure that the bank will get that with their interest rates. Yes I am stressed out knowing that my husband ( who is an interstate truck driver) is going to stress even more than me and...
  17. G

what options do I have; Bringing my boy along for the ride.

Well I went to the LBS this morning and he is still a little small for the tag along. He did however jump into the trailer and loved it, but I was not going to pay $500 for one. So I will try him in the baby seat again and see how he goes. I guess at this stage that maybe the option for now and...
  18. G

what options do I have; Bringing my boy along for the ride.

Just wandering at what age roughly is good for them to start on a half wheeler???????
  19. G

What to do?

He has been coming on rides with me or around 6 mths now and all of a sudden he is screaming and becoming histerical. He is 3yrs old and he weighs 16kilos and I tell you, you can feel the weight when he is in the back. Wasn't sure if he is ready for a tag along or what yet. He doesn't pedal but...
  20. G

What to do?

Unfortunatly he can't tell me what the problem is. Was not sure on what age that kids can start on a half wheeler and other thing was that I have heard that the trailers can be dangerous as their are not that many cycle paths here in my area..