Search results

1. asterix

Steel Hardtail for the Wombat 100. A good idea?

Hi, I'm considering purchasing a Cotic Solaris 29er steel hardtail to replace the Lapierre XR 529 (full suspension) that I'm currently riding. I am entered for the Wombat 100 in April & am just after some opinions & advice about wether a steel hardtail is a good idea for events like these? I did...
  2. asterix

Cube 2013

Hi all, Just wondering if any industry people here might know when Cube are going to announce what models they'll be bringing into Australia for 2013 & their pricing? I've had a chat with my local LBS who stocks Cube & he has told me that it might not be until February. This is a bit of a...
  3. asterix

2011 Reba RLT: Can it be converted to 120mm?

I have a 2011 Epic Comp which came with RLT Reba's with 100mm of travel. Have been thinking of putting a 120mm fork on the front but before I bought another I was wondering if the Reba's can be converted to 120mm? Thanks
  4. asterix

1x9; Is a chain guide necessary?

Hi All, just after some advice on going 1x9. I'm building up a 1x9 29er & had assumed I'd need a chain guide like E13's. I'm looking at getting a Salsa 32 tooth chain ring & it mentions that it has raised teeth to prevent the chain from coming off. I'm just wondering if I have the Salsa ring...