Search results

1. N

Formula One world championship

When they took away refueling they removed a massive part of the strategy of a race. I loved all the long fuel/short fuel battles, it gave you options if you had bad start etc and you could get out of the shit. I'm with the BBC F1 fans bring it back haha. They sort of have the same...
  2. N

Little Things You Hate

Haha Benny Hinn! I used to see that dude sometimes when I turned the tv on in a daze of a morning. I used to think to myself, who is this clown, looked up wiki one day, saw that he sent out via his mailing list a request for donations for the purchase of a Gulfstream G4 private jet...later...
  3. N

As said before, exploding tyres...the best thing to happen to F1 in 2013 haha. What a race! A bit of a bummer not to see Hamilton follow through because that pole lap was astonishing, he demolished the opposition and till his tyre exploded was looking good for the win. Whether his tyres'...
  4. N

can i cancel home phone and still get ADSL 2 internet????

Why don't you just unplug the phone? If no one ever calls you on it apart from telemarketers there is no reason to have a phone plugged in. Just FYI if you can't get naked ADSL at your exchange you can save a heap by combining your phone with TPG instead of paying telstra. I pay $49/mo for...
  5. N

120mm SID XX dual air compared to 125mm Fox FIT

As you two eluded to it's too much oil on top of the air piston; it migrates past as you guys said. I have exactly the same forks '12 120mm RLC FIT and if I start only getting 100mm travel I just bang take the top off the air leg and use a syringe to take out any excess oil...back to buttery...
  6. N

Webber....jeeesus...I don't know whether the dude makes his own bad luck or the F1 gods are forever collectively against him, has anyone else ever had so much shit go wrong over so many years? How come Vettel's car rarely shits itself, I don't understand. I genuinely think that he though...
  7. N

Best T.V show ever!!!

+2 I reckon Micallef has missed the mark with some of his shows but Mad as Hell is for the most part pure gold.
  8. N

Seb needs a season or two in a shitbox car, hopefully that might happen next year with the huge rule changes. Ever since his first year at RBR he has arguably had the best car on the grid and now his sense of entitlement has gone off the richter. Remember Hamilton when he was WC, the dudes...
  9. N

I don't really have that much of an issue with that Vettel did in terms of the overtake as he's a grade A wanker, always has been and it's his character. What kind of irks me is that he got into that position because Mark was sticking to team orders and he wasn't. Given on the lap Seb pitted...
  10. N

Metal Working! Fitting, Machining, Welding, Sheet and General Metal Fab

Sounds like a pretty cool idea! Bit of work though :o
  11. N

Does the wheel have to be solid and is the design pre determined? If this is the case then that is the single only scenario where you can build a lighter wheel out of Delrin that will be adequately strong enough. If the wheel does not have to be solid you could build a significantly lighter...
  12. N

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Ahh Braddon, I remember the 98-03 glory days, cars all over the place, oil all over the road, taxis and old dudes in Volvos' unwillingly drifting...good times haha. Everytime I go back to Canberra to visit the folks, usually travel down on a Friday night, I drive through Braddon in hope, always...
  13. N

I don't really understand how you can say Delrin is stronger than Carbon? Lighter, sure, if only by a tiny bit per unit volume but Delrin's Tensile strength is 10% that of laminated carbon (rough figures) and it's Flexural modulus is so low comparatively it's hilarious. And you can cut it with...
  14. N

Little Things You Hate

As the holder of 3 AAMI policies, thank goodness I have never had to deal with them yet RE a claim etc, touch wood. Love your work S. I hope someone spilt coffee on their keyboard reading that at AAMI hahaha.
  15. N

Little Things You Love

^^ Sure you aren't missing a 1 from the 60kg? Looks straight baller though :D
  16. N

Cracked Santa Cruz Blur TRc - update with Neezy response

As you say I think he has every right to be pissed off. It's not cosmetic because there is grease coming out of it, sure the bearing cup hasn't completely sheared off...but should it have to? As the owner of a BlurXC-C if it cracks and this is the response, i'll be pissed off too. You pay a...
  17. N

F..king summer nats

Translated: "I started a thread in the hope that like minded people would agree with my hatred of the Nats. When this assumption proved false I threw the toys' out of my pram and activated full retard mode." It's four days mate, have a chuckle to yourself at the 'deadshits' 'wasting thier...
  18. N

F..king summer nats

I grew up in Canberra and have been to the nats many times, last time was 2009 I think, unless you happen to visit the north end of Northbourne Ave in Civic during the time it's actually on...you wouldn't even know it's on. It's certainly way more mellow these days than it used to be and I...
  19. N

Using synthetic engine oil for bath oil in fox 36? Problem?

Most engine oil is way more viscous that fork oil which for me would seem to be an issue if it's intended to be used for splash lube in the lowers. I run shell fully synthetic 15wt fork oil in both my boxxers and Fox floats for bushing/splash lube and have never had an issue. Can't really see...
  20. N

Little Things You Love

That is cheap as shite for a pair! I payed $150 and end with rotors about 6 months ago at my LBS which at the time was pretty cheap, cheaper than CRC anyway.