Formula One world championship

wombat

Lives in a hole
So lets assume Webber calls it stumps and bails right now (which I reckon he'll do).
Pfft, he's not going anywhere. He's under contract, and there's nowhere for him to go. Surely if winning means that much to him still, then he must have too much drive to just walk away from the sport.

There'll be a big hoo-hah over this for the next couple of weeks, and in the lead up to China, and then it will be pretty much business as usual, until they lock horns later in the season at which point all the pundits will trot out the "and that which was turned back down to simmer following the heat of Sepang looks like it's about to boil over once more following the events at [insert GP name here]".
Fuck all will change in the long run, the best Mark can hope for is that someone gives Vettel a verbal flogging and maybe he's a bit more submissive next time (if there is a next time).

On another note, I'm waiting for someone to pencil a cartoon of Hamilton shitting himself on the podium, whilst his PR advisor stands side of stage shouting "No, you idiot! I said self deprecate!"

vls666

Likes Bikes
On another note, I'm waiting for someone to pencil a cartoon of Hamilton shitting himself on the podium, whilst his PR advisor stands side of stage shouting "No, you idiot! I said self deprecate!"

Fucking lol'd :lol::lol::lol:

Reminds me of that scene in Ali G, "What, lay a brick? Right ere? Right now? well.. ok *proceeds to pull down pants and take a shit*"

driftking

Wheel size expert
Vettel is a tool, his an amazing driver but "get mark out of the way histoo slow" mate your 2 seconds back and his preserving tires, funny as soon as he made that call webber put it ingest and starting gaping vettel.
Vettel is too used to having the team hand everything to him, webber was only slower when he was preserving tires and the car.

I found it wowed that vettel kept saying he didn't deliberately do it, that he thourght he was fine to over take him? What the hell is going on in the garage there is obvious division between the two sides. Mark controlled himself fairly well to keep it a least civil i would have been fuming.

Same deal with Rosberg that a pretty poor situation.

F1 needs to take a page from Moto gp an get rid of team orders.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Fucking lol'd :lol::lol::lol:

Reminds me of that scene in Ali G, "What, lay a brick? Right ere? Right now? well.. ok *proceeds to pull down pants and take a shit*"
Hehehehe, so fitting. I'm youtubing that now for old times sake.

nskz

Likes Dirt
I don't really have that much of an issue with that Vettel did in terms of the overtake as he's a grade A wanker, always has been and it's his character. What kind of irks me is that he got into that position because Mark was sticking to team orders and he wasn't. Given on the lap Seb pitted Mark was 5 seconds in front of him does anyone realistically think, even with an undercut, that he would have been in a position to challenge for the lead if Mark hadn't been cruising...no chance. If it was a fair fight, they were both going flat out at full power he wouldn't have caught him, even if he had it would have been much later in the race and he would have used up a lot of tyre doing it and would have been unlikely to pass him.

I don't really like team orders but they brought them back in because there is no realistic way of stopping teams doing it. The only way would be to ban pit radios, which to be honest wouldn't be that bad of an idea I reckon. Imagine if drivers had to make the calls on tyres, when to pit, all that stuff, that would really set the cat amongst the pigeons and imo would provide much hilarity. Do it Bernie you midget wanker and bring back one race per engine while you're at it, does it realistically cost that much more to build 19 engines rather than 6 in the scheme of an F1 budget.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Vettel already made a 25 point case for that so it's not really an issue
But webber was still following so I think there is a case for that, webber had the race under control he turned the engine down as was running the car safety home.
If team orders weren't there chances are webber would haw kept vettel further behind preventing him from taking the win, and if not at least we would have seen a much more exciting race with mark actually smashing out laps and racing not just cruising to the end.

It's clear on here that I don't like vettel much but id the orders are abolished and he was to take webber and wins fair and square with out any lay off from webber than I'm all for that. Of course I want webber to win but let's keep the racing on all the way.

Vettel only won because webber wasn't racing. Well given times, webbers form and position I'd say with high confidence webber would have won.

No Team orders - Fight the power hahah

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
But webber was still following so I think there is a case for that, webber had the race under control he turned the engine down as was running the car safety home.
If team orders weren't there chances are webber would haw kept vettel further behind preventing him from taking the win, and if not at least we would have seen a much more exciting race with mark actually smashing out laps and racing not just cruising to the end.

It's clear on here that I don't like vettel much but id the orders are abolished and he was to take webber and wins fair and square with out any lay off from webber than I'm all for that. Of course I want webber to win but let's keep the racing on all the way.

Vettel only won because webber wasn't racing. Well given times, webbers form and position I'd say with high confidence webber would have won.

No Team orders - Fight the power hahah
If the situation were reversed would Webber have had the balls to try that move in the first place? I think not. Vettel won by being a ruthless prick who saw an opportunity and tea-bagged it.

3 world championships in the same car shows that he is still the 'better' driver. Its just a shame the spineless geek still thinks he can get people to like him by being contrite afterwards instead of embracing the reckless, arrogant bad-guy mantle that the likes of Schumacher, Prost and Senna held so well.

wombat

Lives in a hole
F1 needs to take a page from Moto gp an get rid of team orders.
Gah, no! It was even more of a clusterfuck when there "wasn't" team orders. All that gave us was a bunch of new coded messages over the radio, and a media shitstorm when Massa bent over for Fernando.

It won't work like it does in MotoGP because of the constructors championship. It's the most important (and most profitable) part for most of the teams, and unlike in MotoGP where there's satellite teams, in F1 it's just the two cars, so the teams will do what they can to maximise their haul each race.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Gah, no! It was even more of a clusterfuck when there "wasn't" team orders. All that gave us was a bunch of new coded messages over the radio, and a media shitstorm when Massa bent over for Fernando.

It won't work like it does in MotoGP because of the constructors championship. It's the most important (and most profitable) part for most of the teams, and unlike in MotoGP where there's satellite teams, in F1 it's just the two cars, so the teams will do what they can to maximise their haul each race.
Any chance to have even more control. Have set transmission that is allowed, try get rid of coding. Very big long long shot though lol.

I feel sorry for the drivers thought working to the peak of the game and been held back by the team, it sucks that we runs in to wath te worlds beat I at it and try don't really go at it all the time. Disappointing.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Another thing that irks me. Everyone keeps talking about how unfair it was that Webber had dialled back and was conserving the engine and his tyres as per orders when Vettel attacked him but there was nothing to stop Webber subsequently gunning it outracing Vettel. It certainly wasn't a quick and easy pass.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Another thing that irks me. Everyone keeps talking about how unfair it was that Webber had dialled back and was conserving the engine and his tyres as per orders when Vettel attacked him but there was nothing to stop Webber subsequently gunning it outracing Vettel. It certainly wasn't a quick and easy pass.
Yeah but fighting back after being passed is a very different thing, and a shit load harder, than keeping the pace up and keeping a comfortable gap to the guy behind. The gap was a few seconds before the last stop, if Vettel made it all up on the in/out laps then fairplay, but if he only closed in because Mark had been told to back off then it was a fight that never should have been on.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Yeah but fighting back after being passed is a very different thing, and a shit load harder, than keeping the pace up and keeping a comfortable gap to the guy behind. The gap was a few seconds before the last stop, if Vettel made it all up on the in/out laps then fairplay, but if he only closed in because Mark had been told to back off then it was a fight that never should have been on.
Webber didn't just let him past though. he fought tooth and nail to keep him back but unfortunately it wasn't enough. Sure, his coasting helped Vettel make up the gap but he was never that far behind in the first place and as soon as he made his challenge, it was no-holds-barred for both drivers.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Webber didn't just let him past though. he fought tooth and nail to keep him back but unfortunately it wasn't enough. Sure, his coasting helped Vettel make up the gap but he was never that far behind in the first place and as soon as he made his challenge, it was no-holds-barred for both drivers.
Looking at the race though webber was doing times about 1-2 hundredth faster than vettel when e put the power down. Fair point vettel wasn't far back but he had about 5 seconds up and obviously out of drs and mark had the pace to out drive him. It was pretty ridiculous.

I agree webber should have turned up the engine and gone for it but aat that point vettel was in drs and he was trying to defend. Webber is still a driver and obeys orders his paid to race for the team and need Sri follow those, if vettels side wants To go against race plan it's not woth mark getting in the deep end by doing the same, more so crashing two cars into one another this early isn't what the team needs.

The replay is on one now I'm checkin it out

Last edited:

Zam

Likes Dirt
Exactly Webber was told to turn his engine down and conserve the tyres, at this point he would have been thinking race over, then next thing Vettel is challenging him for the lead, Webber gave it everything but with his engine already turned down it was a bit of a no contest, although he did make it as hard for Vettel as he possibly could, I have no doubt he would have been on the radio yelling WTF....

When Webber was in full race mode he was slightly quicker then Vettel during the race and the only reason Vettel caught him was due to beign told to conserve and hold position.

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
Sebastian Vettel - 1st
"I messed up today. I would love to come up with a nice excuse as to why I did it, but I can't. I can understand Mark's frustration and the team not being happy with what I did today; I owe an explanation to him and the whole team. I will try to explain to them later. We talk about this situation happening many times and what we will do if and when it happens and normally it doesn't, but today it did and I should have translated the call into action. I got the call and I ignored it. Mark and I are used to fighting each other when we're close, but with the tyres how they are now, and not knowing how long they will last, it was an extremely big risk to ignore the call to stay second. We could have ended up finishing eighth or ninth after destroying the tyres in those two laps; I put myself above a team decision, which was wrong. I didn't mean to and I apologise. I'm not happy I've won, I made a mistake and if I could undo it I would. It's not easy right now and I owe apologies to Mark and the team."

Christian Horner, team principal
"Before getting into anything else, it was a phenomenal team performance from the car and pit crew today with the pit crew recording fantastically fast stops. We recorded our fastest ever time on Mark's second stop, which is possibly a new best-ever in the pit lane. Obviously there's an awful lot of debate about what happened at the end of the race. Our position after that finial pit stop was all about managing the race until the end and conserving our tyres, getting the cars to the finish and achieving maximum points. Unfortunately drivers' interests can sometimes come into conflict with the teams'. Sebastian decided to take things into his own hands today and race Mark, thankfully making a clean pass and switching the order to the flag. It's frustrating. Formula One is both a team and an individual sport and sometimes there is a conflict between a driver's desire and a team's interest. What happened today is something that shouldn't have happened. It's something that Sebastian has apologised for and it's something that we will discuss internally as a team."

Well here it is ehh.....
The Seb is a nob (a bloody quick one).

redbruce

Eats Squid
Vettel is a tool, his an amazing driver but "get mark out of the way histoo slow" mate your 2 seconds back and his preserving tires, funny as soon as he made that call webber put it ingest and starting gaping vettel.
Vettel is too used to having the team hand everything to him, webber was only slower when he was preserving tires and the car.

Mark controlled himself fairly well to keep it a least civil i would have been fuming.
And Vettel has how many wins against Webber's?

Seems Webber can give it but cant take it, tables turned at Silverstone two years ago.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/03/analysis-why-did-vettel-ignore-team-orders-and-pass-webber/

Last edited: