Search results

1. 2

Sam Hill, Nathan Rennie and Bryn Atkinson @ Bicycle Express

SRAM Riders, Sam Hill, Nathan Rennie and Bryn Atkinson @ Bicycle Express, 124 Halifax St, Adeliade, Friday 31st of October @ 6:30PM SRAM riders Sam Hill, Nathan Rennie and Bryn Atkinson will be making an instore appearance at Bicycle Express this Friday evening, 31/10/2008. The boys will...
  2. 2

Multi day bike rides.

Hi guys, I'm just posting to see if anyone has any experience doing overnight rides, (the most I'll be going for is 2 nights to begin with). The plan is to wait until the weather gets a bit better (read warmer) and then try and do a bit of the Mawson Trail here in SA. The bike I will be...
  3. 2

WOMadelaide

Did anyone else on here go to WOMadelaide? I did the full 3 days this time and it was awesome. Femi Kuti and Fat Freddy's Drop were my favourites. On a related note anyone going to see Dylan Moran at the Adelaide Fringe? Damn I love the Fringe and WOMAD!
  4. 2

Cycle around the world anyone?

This makes anyother bike ride seem a bit soft in comparison. I'm buying the book as soon as I finish this post! http://www.alastairhumphreys.com/index.html
  5. 2

Roadie Sizing

Hi guys I am considering getting a bike that I can use for going on 1 1/2 week bike tours. Probably a bit off-raod and a bit on-road. Most of this type of bike seem have their sizing in the 'roadie format' e.g 54cm or 57cm not 16",18" etc. Now I am 6"1 and was just wondering if anyone could...
  6. 2

The Vish is P.O.D

Not sure if this should be here or in off topic but 'the vish' is todays POD on Pinkbike.com. Members who've been on here for 1 year or more will remember him as the creator of the vishfiles movies. Damn funny they were to. http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1111915/
  7. 2

Yellow Card for Drivers.

Just saw this on the Singletrack website and thought I'd see what people on here thought of it. http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=2227&PHPSESSID=de2d7e8210fd33e71701cd421931a8fb Personally I think that they'd be useless because I can't see how your meant to have one available...
  8. 2

Revelation Rebound

Hi guys my RockShox Revelations are making a strange noise when they rebound. It's kind of like a scrapping sound just not as harsh. It's a sort of 'coosh' sound. They've only just started making this noise. Any ideas on what it could be? Are they just in need of a service or is it more...
  9. 2

Wikipedia- World Championships.

Hi, I was just searching some stuff on Wikipedia and came across this. It's a list of all the World Championships going back to 1990. Great to have a look at who was winning then and who's winning now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Bike_World_Championships
  10. 2

Bent dropout?

Hey guys the other day I ended up shifting my mech into the wheel which as expected deystroyed a few things. I now need to get my wheel trued but can't get it out of the drive side because the axle is being pinched by the drop out. My bike is a Giant Reign 2. My main question is can it be fixed...
  11. 2

Cable lubrication.

Hi guys I'm replacing my rear mech at the moment and in the process my inner gear cable. I don't know what lubricant to use on it. Grease? I asked the LBS and they said just put a few drops of chain lube at the start of the outer cable when I thread the inner cable in. Will this work, is it...
  12. 2

Schrader Vs. Presta

This is a thread about which valve type is the better of the 2. Up until now I have always had bikes with schrader valves but my latest bike has presta valves. As far as I can tell there are no advantages of having presta valves. However I have noticed three disadvantages: 1. Weak- I've...
  13. 2

Reign 2- 6 inch do-it-all bike.

Hi guys, a few months ago I bought a Giant Reign 2. So far it has been an absolutley fantastic bike. My skill level has increased massively and I am trying stuff that before I got this bike I wouldn't have even considered. My question is basically what would you change on the bike to make it...
  14. 2

Headphones for riding.

Hi guys I'm just wondering what headphones you would recommend for riding with. At the moment I use the standard iPod in-ear headphones which give SFA sound quality and you can't hear them once you get over 30km/h. So far I've only really looked at the Sony wrap around the back of your neck...
  15. 2

Fire Bans (When can we ride)

Hi guys I was just wondering if anyone can shed any light on when or if we can ride when there's a fire ban. I moved over from the UK about 2.5 yrs ago and not surprisingly you don't get fire bans in the UK! It would be great if someone knew the rules for SA because that's where I'm living...
  16. 2

Fox/Troy Lee Designs/661

Hi guys I'm after some advice about your experiences with neoprene based knee pads. I like the Fox Low Pro's (I think that's what they called) because they have a plastic insert which offers more protection than the standard foam ones. I've looked at the others but no-one else seem to...
  17. 2

Riders in the Eastern Suburbs (Adelaide)

Hi I know this is a long shot but this is going out to the rider/riders riding the trail between Mt Osmond and Glen Osmond. Please don't skid round the corners or just before going into them. This a walking trail that some people use to access Mt Lofty and the hills for more riding. I went...
  18. 2

Pendulum

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone else on here is a fan of Pendulum? Has anyone seen them live? Just asking because I got tickets the other day to see them on the 23rd in Adelaide! Can't wait. Anyone else got any great Drum n Bass bands that they know and would like to share?
  19. 2

Help replacing a Juicy Five lever.

Hi guys Just a quick couple of questions to anyone who's had experience with Juicy Fives: Can I replace the lever without having to bleed my brake? How easy is it to fit the new lever? I've been to the Sram/Avid website and downloaded the diagrams and instructions but I'm not a great...
  20. 2

Azonic Rythm shorts.

Has anyone had any experience with these shorts? Good or bad? Would they be to heavy duty for general trail riding in summer with knicks? What would be some good alternatives? So far I've looked at these and N-Zo Kombies but I just can't seem to find the perfect riding short. Any help...