Search results

1. F

MTB South Island

I am not sure how it happened, but my girlfriend has decided we should go on a 2 week holiday to the South Island of NZ with riding single track being the main focus, and some all day sightseeing style rides Any suggestions of must do parks and areas that we would kick ourselves if we...
  2. F

Which Bike?

Not being at all knowledgable about BMX's, I thought here would be the place to ask, Which BMX for my nephew? Age 12 Use- Street / park. Skate park, tricks, Street, riding to school etc, a bit of an all-rounder, but leaning towards play rather than race Price range- $250-$500, but a...
  3. F

When scooter kids grow up....

At least you wouldn't get a sore butt from all day in the saddle.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ny6LCPgIFk&feature=share
  4. F

Road Trip! Sydney -Port Mac, what trails??

Due to family commitments, I have to go to Port Macquarie in a couple of weeks. In order to make the trip worthwhile, can anyone suggest the "must do" trails between Sydney and Port? I plan to take 3 days to get there, so time isnt really an issue. I hear they have a great set of trails at...
  5. F

Flying with a bike

I know most of the airlines have changed the rules and charges around flying with sporting goods, so can anyone help me out with which airline is now the best to travel from Sydney to Noosa with my wife's roadie? I would hate to go with the same mob we did last year and get slugged with a huge...
  6. F

Saving U-Tube clips to hard drive

Just wondering, what is the easiest way to save video clips from u-tube to my hard drive? I don't have internet access at work, so want to be able to download u-tube clips onto my portable drive at home on my home computer, then take my portable drive to work and plug into my work laptop and...
  7. F

Forster and MTB'in

I am finally getting a few days off so taking the wife up to Forster for a dirty weekend. Does anyone know of some fun, not too tech single track up that way? Just deciding whether to take the MTB or the roadies. Obviously the MTB will make the weekend dirty, taking the roadie will make us look...
  8. F

Frankenlight

I have an old Niterider Storm light that has a ballast problem. After about 45 minutes it heats up and the light goes out, give it 5 minutes to cool and away it goes again for another 45 minutes. Now given that this light has lasted me 6+ years and given me nothing but good times I suppose I...
  9. F

Wingello 5 hour

Feel like reliving the best bits of the Fling and the 3 ring circus? Well the Southern Highlands Cycle club has the ride for you. We are holding a 5 hour race around the Wingello single tracks, which as we all know are fast, flowing and fun. They are also suitable for all standards, including...
  10. F

Token 12 hour

One for the masochists out there. Last years race was good fun, with some very fast racing and some categories being too close to call until the final few laps. It is now a State Championship, so get in early!.