Search results

1. Buggergrips

Thomson 27.2 Dropper

I am so enduro it actually stings a little.
  2. Buggergrips

Thomson 27.2 Dropper

or my big fat arse
  3. Buggergrips

Thomson 27.2 Dropper

oh, and they are still $517.99 on CRC, whereas the old stock sizes are 380.
  4. Buggergrips

Thomson 27.2 Dropper

I've now ridden it a few thousand km. it works very nicely. there's a tiny bit of play developed, but you only notice it when it's in the workstand. errr, yeah. all good. how has the headtube not fallen off that old patriot yet?
  5. Buggergrips

Thomson 27.2 Dropper

they almost never have the latest stuff on sale, or great numbers. I bought a set of rct3 revs from merlin when they had just one pair in. didn't restock for a month.
  6. Buggergrips

Thomson 27.2 Dropper

the cheap ones on wiggle/merlin are overstock of the larger sizes, and have been around for a couple of years, a brand new one that's in limited numbers where the manufacturer is struggling to fill orders (check thier facespaz page) will take a while to get to that point.
  7. Buggergrips

Thomson 27.2 Dropper

i'm going to do the front shifter mod.
  8. Buggergrips

Thomson 27.2 Dropper

not a massive fan of the lever
  9. Buggergrips

Turner Burner! Complete custom build, UPDATES page 6. 24/06

always wanted one of these
  10. Buggergrips

Which dropper??

the KS importer in the UK dropped them because they couldn't be arsed with all the warranties - the conditions there are much worse than here, however.
  11. Buggergrips

AM Wife is going to cut my balls off- start of a new build essay

"I didn't come to any lectures because I want to concentrate on rowing, can you give me all the slides, and talk me through them?" how about No. I just got a lectureship at Bundoora, going to ride plenty gorge a fair bit. nice bike build, by the way.
  12. Buggergrips

All mountain Hardtail - Buildup from scratch

I can confirm that these are a right laugh http://youtu.be/p6lszlJgPlo?t=57s
  13. Buggergrips

XC Cotic Soul

140mm. 60mm stem to compensate. works a treat.
  14. Buggergrips

1x10 without a chainguide

never dropped a chain yet.
  15. Buggergrips

XC Cotic Soul

added dropperpost
  16. Buggergrips

Thomson 27.2 Dropper

any bike with a seatpost greater in diameter that 27.2 is inelegant.
  17. Buggergrips

Thomson 27.2 Dropper

the 5" drop is really good. you can have the saddle at maximum pedaling efficiency height, but still get it all of the way down for rse off the back sections. it's a teeny bit flexy compared to my rigid post, but that's to be expected.
  18. Buggergrips

Thomson 27.2 Dropper

heard too many stories of failures and horror warranty situations the thomson seems well designed and engineered by a small company. I like this type of component.
  19. Buggergrips

Thomson 27.2 Dropper

cable on full compression. lots of clearance. 2.3 hans dampf. I got 50 bucks GST rebate off mine. but I too, was over waiting.
  20. Buggergrips

Thomson 27.2 Dropper

came with a length of outer and a gear cable. I ran it through the empty front mech stops. CRC are a bulk discounter of mostly old stock, so they won't have a supply of these to discount for a while.