Thomson 27.2 Dropper

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Merlin just dropped (!) there's to $358, and wiggle has dropped price to $375.

Wiggle have gone out of stock overnight though - amazing how fast things change when they drop the price ( no 27.2 s of course - they seem only to be available in US )

moorey

call me Mia
Merlin just dropped (!) there's to $358, and wiggle has dropped price to $375.

Wiggle have gone out of stock overnight though - amazing how fast things change when they drop the price ( no 27.2 s of course - they seem only to be available in US )
i saw that...and actually call bs on actually having any in the first place. :tsk:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
i saw that...and actually call bs on actually having any in the first place. :tsk:
Yes, my paranoid mind agrees - although it only takes a few people to take all their stock, especially with price match - low stock levels mean quick out of stocks

moorey

call me Mia
Yes, my paranoid mind agrees - although it only takes a few people to take all their stock, especially with price match - low stock levels mean quick out of stocks
If they had got a new shipment, I doubt the numbers would have been that low. Meh, mine is ordered anyway. Mountainbikes direct was still cheaper than the couple of euro stores stocking the 27.2, and hopefully be here in a couple of days :second:

Buggergrips

Likes Dirt
the cheap ones on wiggle/merlin are overstock of the larger sizes, and have been around for a couple of years, a brand new one that's in limited numbers where the manufacturer is struggling to fill orders (check thier facespaz page) will take a while to get to that point.

moorey

call me Mia
Facebook page is useless. They assured me numerous times over last 6 weeks that the new 27.2 posts were now out and about all over the world, but no one in the real world agreed, aside from old jenson stock and mtbdirect. Don't know if they are the new shipment, assumed so, either way, too late for me to change.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
the cheap ones on wiggle/merlin are overstock of the larger sizes, and have been around for a couple of years, a brand new one that's in limited numbers where the manufacturer is struggling to fill orders (check thier facespaz page) will take a while to get to that point.
These aren't special deal prices , the thomson has been within $40 of the current prices since the start, so it doesn't look like overstock - but those 3 shops watch each other , usually, merlin drops on something they want to move and send out an email, and then because CRC have a policy, they drop to match, and wiggle responds after a couple of people do the price match thing, and wiggle end up losing money because of their refund the difference guarantee . It happens with heaps of products all the time.

Thomson have been replacing any droppers with the early fault of for aft movement - they definately have the best guarantee out there, and frankly , I think Buying local for droppers is totally reasonable given the number of failures ( except for Moorey - but he has 17 bikes and so spreads the load over quite a few droppers)

Supposed to be a new xc carbon jobby coming out from specialized too soon in 27.2, 2 position only 35mm or up, 350g

Last edited:

Buggergrips

Likes Dirt
they almost never have the latest stuff on sale, or great numbers.

I bought a set of rct3 revs from merlin when they had just one pair in. didn't restock for a month.

aasr

Likes Dirt
hey guys so whats the verdict is it worth getting one ? I've been looking at getting one for my 6.6
Cheers Aaron

moorey

call me Mia
hey guys so whats the verdict is it worth getting one ? I've been looking at getting one for my 6.6
Cheers Aaron
I've only had a couple of good rides on it. Too early to say. It works beautifully, looks stunning, and the under seat lever is a work of art, as it should be for the left nut the they charge as an add on. :mmph:
Does it feel any better than all my KS supernaturals? Nope, but that's testament to how good they have been to me over the last couple of years.
If KS did a 5" 27.2 in non remote, I would have gone there, even if similar money. But they don't at this point, and may never do.
In a 31.6mm (I assume your 6.6 is, like mine...we ARE talking Intense, yeah?), I'd save your brass and get a KS, whether dropzone, supernatural or LEV.
I love the Thommo, but I don't love it twice as much.

aasr

Likes Dirt
I've only had a couple of good rides on it. Too early to say. It works beautifully, looks stunning, and the under seat lever is a work of art, as it should be for the left nut the they charge as an add on. :mmph:
Does it feel any better than all my KS supernaturals? Nope, but that's testament to how good they have been to me over the last couple of years.
If KS did a 5" 27.2 in non remote, I would have gone there, even if similar money. But they don't at this point, and may never do.
In a 31.6mm (I assume your 6.6 is, like mine...we ARE talking Intense, yeah?), I'd save your brass and get a KS, whether dropzone, supernatural or LEV.
I love the Thommo, but I don't love it twice as much.
cool it sounds the goods. i was looking at ks but was the same i wont 5" drop. and nar its a IronHorse 6.6 with a 30mm post size was going to run a shim with a 27.2 seatpost

moorey

call me Mia
cool it sounds the goods. i was looking at ks but was the same i wont 5" drop. and nar its a IronHorse 6.6 with a 30mm post size was going to run a shim with a 27.2 seatpost
Ahh, I see. If you 'need' 5", definitely. If not, go a lev (assuming you are one of those uncouth people who only want a remote post)
Its a beautiful post, don't hey me wrong. I'd buy another,...but maybe not if KS came to the 5" party...I'd even consider a remote :fear: