Search results

1. Staunch

VIC FOUND

Sorry mate, after something more modern to fit the parts/groupset I have.
  2. Staunch

VIC FOUND

I appreciate the offer but I think a 54cm would be too small. I'm 191cm so even a 56 is on the smaller side, but I've got (relatively) short arms so they tend to work with a stock length stem. 58cm I'll normally drop back to a 70 or 80mm stem to make them fit.
  3. Staunch

VIC FOUND

Item: Cracked/Damaged road frame. Bonus points for having a matching fork. Location: Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay: $100-150 Extra Info: After a 56cm (may also take a 58cm) road frame to build up a trainer bike. Preferable something relatively modern so it has reasonable geometry Happy...
  4. Staunch

Shimano Saint/XT Lever Piston cross-compatibility

Amazing, that's very much appreciated, photos are super helpful as well. I might buy a cheap pick from bunnings and just file the end down flat until it's the correct diameter if you reckon the spikey end was no good.
  5. Staunch

Shimano Saint/XT Lever Piston cross-compatibility

I've got a set of M820 Saints which are both leaking out of the pistons at the lever end. I'm 99% sure they're not leaking out of the reservoir cap as I've already disassembled these, inspected/cleaned the bladders, and re-assembled (and they're both still clean and dry). I've seen these el...
  6. Staunch

Syncros front trail fender

Had one for 2 years now on a 36, no complaints. Does what it needs to, still in one piece.
  7. Staunch

VIC Found

Item: Vertical Bike Rack (4 or 5 bike) Location: Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay: Willing to purchase for <$1000, otherwise looking to rent one for 2 weeks Extra Info: Heading down to Tassie for the first 2 weeks of December with a few mates and we need a rack. We never bother to shuttle...
  8. Staunch

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Mount two thru-axle mounts to the back of the tray/up against the cab. Forks in mount, ratchet strap though the saddle rails and attach to either side of the tray. Easy done.
  9. Staunch

Melbourne Wheel Builder Recommendations

+1 for Riley. Great bloke, excellent mechanic/wheel builder.
  10. Staunch

Living without an ACL

If it's an isolated ACL injury (no major meniscal or MCL involvement), outcomes from surgical vs non-surgical management are the same at the 2 year mark for the general population (non-elite athletes). Multiple studies have been done on this over the past 10 or so years. Either way, you have to...
  11. Staunch

Niggling 'injury' whinge

Sounds like a Baker's Cyst, a collection of fluid in the back of the knee. It's more of a symptom of some injury/damage within the knee than it is a condition itself. Generally best bet is to see a competent physio and/or do a bit of knee rehab in order to get on top of it.
  12. Staunch

Online mattress in a box

My brother bought a Koala which he didn't like, return process was relatively simple/problem-free from memory. He instead got a Onebed mattress which he rates. I bought an Ecosa last year and I'm a fan. Before we bought it we went to a few mattress stores that was such a shit time, didn't want...
  13. Staunch

Spring help

Given the dimensions you posted, I'm assume you purchased a 'metric' spring. Now that newer shocks are going to metric measurements, 67.5-75 is a common stroke size for a 250mm eye-to-eye shock, in which case a 174mm spring (which is the length of a Rockshox 67.5-75mm spring) isn't too bad. In...
  14. Staunch

Spring help

Wrong spring, shouldn't need to compress just to get the collar onto the threads. What are the dimensions of the shock?
  15. Staunch

Tyre inserts - Tried them yet?

Brand new bottle. I shook/banged/spun/harassed the crap out of the wheel after inflating That could potentially be it, it's not the easiest thing to fit without a little force. I might have to pull it all apart tomorrow and double down on the tape. Rim is a Raceface ARC30, however I have the...
  16. Staunch

I've used the blue Bear stuff @moorey and a couple others really rate. I do have a different tape in the front though so maybe it does have something to do with it.
  17. Staunch

Has anyone here running the Rimpact inserts had issues with air seeping from between the bead and the rim? I've set my rear wheel up with 2 different tyres and both times there are a few points where it will continuously release tiny, tiny bubbles from between the tyre and the rim. Enough to...
  18. Staunch

Remove crown race

+1 for razorblade technique. Very, very minimal damage to the crown/race compared to a screwdriver as long as you're patient/careful
  19. Staunch

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Tailgate pads are the best thing for DH bikes with dual crowns. The upper stanchion contacts the frame via bumpstop and wedges the tyre against the pad. Only points of contact are the tyre and downtube. Bikes are locked in, no worries. With everyone (including me) moving to single crown bikes...
  20. Staunch

Herniated Discs - Log

As much as I don't like giving out unsolicited advice, I feel that there are some commonly recurring health myths that need to be nipped in the bud. The current rhetoric surronding spinal health is pretty detrimental in society unfortunately, and something that can be improved upon. Firstly, I...