Search results

1. N

Aluminium Hardtail

Hi All, What are the lightest Aluminium Hardtails on the Australian market? A few of the weight weenies webpages have custom bikes and I am after the lightest “off the shelf” bikes. Would think that the Giant XTC would be up there, any other ideas? Cheers,
  2. N

Frame Size

Hi All, As Mr Garrison says "there are no stupid questions, only stupid people". I ride a a medium sized road bike with a 54cm virtual top tube. Most medium MTB's (Giant, Norco etc) have a 58cm top tube, whilst their smalls have about a 56cm top tube. Given my height, 173cm, the...
  3. N

Carbon Hardtail

Hi All, I am now in the market for a carbon hardtail. My budget is $2,800-$3,300. Can get a Scott Scale 30 for $3100. Any other suggestions or feedback on the Scale 30? Cheers,
  4. N

12kg Hardtail at reasonable price??

Hi All and happy new year. Is it possible to get a new Hardtail weighing about 12kg for under $1100? I have not done a lot of research so I have come to the experts. I noticed a SCOTT ASPECT 20 for sale for $1100 (weighing 13kg). I want a lite hardtail for general XC. I also do a fair...
  5. N

Semi-Slicks - H.E.L.P.

Hi All, I am after some advice on semi-slicks. I have previously done some touring on slicks (26 x 1.25) and found them ok on fire roads and great on the road. I am wanting to do a few tours with more offroad. This will include some sandy sections, off-road climbs and general...
  6. N

Bike Set-up

Hi All, I had my road bike professionally fitted when I got it. I really enjoy the set-up and would like the mountain bike I use for touring to have the same set-up. Given the different geo etc I am unsure how to aply the road bike set-up to my mtb. Any advice would be great. Cheers,