Search results

1. M

Why dont bikeshop people want to sell women good bikes

My question is surely if you want to buy a bike, wouldn't you let the customer decide on the bike they want - not talk them down to the entry level bike as you suggest - unless of course it was due to customers budget. But - if the customer likes the bike with all the goodies on it I would not...
  2. M

There is nothing wrong with Trek - I checked these out but for my size the small mens Specialized frame suited me best. Thanks
  3. M

You must have visited the same bike shops Ive been in - they fit the description. I did end up buying a small mens specialized bike and I did change the seat (which is fantastic) and fortunately its perfect for me. Its SWEEEEETT - No aches or pains - doesnt matter how long Im on the bike for -...
  4. M

Its not entirely over - what I dont understand is why is buying the bike YOU WANT a waste of money - I had that said to me a lot. I would understand there comments if the bike had ordinary running gear on it or something but just because you dont fit the bike image thats entirely different. Do...
  5. M

I have a beef with bikeshops at the moment in Melbourne. My experience to buy a bike was not good - Their BIG EGOS for a start are a major problem. You would think if you have the cash they would want to sell you whatever bike you wanted - like bloody car salesman. Not so! Its as if you need...
  6. M

Shoes for the wife

Being a good WIFEY everything had to match the Specialized bike which goes with the Specialized shoes for the SPAZALIZED RIDER and I dont mind PINK:D
  7. M

Shoes for the wife

Im excited I think I can help - Im a WIFEY pooh and ride XC on a small frame specialized bike and have just bought mens 08 Specialized Sport MTB shoes - size 41. I did however change the pedals and cleats to Shimano SPD - as the crankbrother smartys were crap. These shoes are really...
  8. M

Every Mt Biker is required this SUNDAY for bush fire relief

Do you have to have a racing licence to ride the event if you just want to ride for the cause
  9. M

Replacing disc bads

my husband needs to replace both front and rear pads his bike has shimano XT brakes. He also needs to bleed his brakes last time he just got the lbs to do it but this time he wants to give it a go. is there any sites that will give you a manual on the right way to do it Mez
  10. M

Anyone going on the MAD ride in April?

Anyone doing the 65k Melbourne Autum Day ride up at Woodend in April? I did it last year - so unfit but great fun.:)
  11. M

Yarra Trails & Tiger Snakes

My husband rides the yarra trails with a few of his mates at least once aweek they put the same guy at the front all the time he is the snake finder because he screams like a girl and can put his feet up over his handle bars the quickest on one ride they saw 2 snakes near Heidelberg they now...
  12. M

What do you think of Specialized stumpjumper comp 08

Thanks, I better improve on this bike otherwise my son will steal it off me and give me a huffy::D:D:D:D. I know what your talking about with the handle bars - I've had a guys bike for a long time and was very stretched out and ended up with a stiff neck after long distance riding - this bike...
  13. M

Mountain Bike Clinics at Lysterfield

I have been looking at the courses at WMB Skills Clinics which are held at Lysterfield, Victoria. Would they help a spaz like me? They sound good. Has anyone been to one of these clinics and are they worth money? Mez
  14. M

Thanks for the reply. I picked up my bike Monday, found that out. I realise I am a total spaz - I think the bike is named after me -special alright. Im am very undeserving of this bike - if specialized saw me they'd come and repossess it. My hubby and kids are calling me a specialized spaz...
  15. M

Want to do a Enduro

I want to try a Enduro event but have no idea where to find any info. Do they have events for beginers as I have never raced. Would like to do a 6 hour event I have just bought a stumpy comp would the stumpy be the better bike to ride or should I ride my hard tail
  16. M

I have just bought my first dually and I was wondering do I have to change my riding style when climbing hills I have been told it takes more effort to climb but I am willing to sacrifice that as I have been told they are more forgiving on the down hills if you are inexperienced on technical...