Search results

1. M

Why dont bikeshop people want to sell women good bikes

I have a beef with bikeshops at the moment in Melbourne. My experience to buy a bike was not good - Their BIG EGOS for a start are a major problem. You would think if you have the cash they would want to sell you whatever bike you wanted - like bloody car salesman. Not so! Its as if you need...
  2. M

Replacing disc bads

my husband needs to replace both front and rear pads his bike has shimano XT brakes. He also needs to bleed his brakes last time he just got the lbs to do it but this time he wants to give it a go. is there any sites that will give you a manual on the right way to do it Mez
  3. M

Anyone going on the MAD ride in April?

Anyone doing the 65k Melbourne Autum Day ride up at Woodend in April? I did it last year - so unfit but great fun.:)
  4. M

Mountain Bike Clinics at Lysterfield

I have been looking at the courses at WMB Skills Clinics which are held at Lysterfield, Victoria. Would they help a spaz like me? They sound good. Has anyone been to one of these clinics and are they worth money? Mez
  5. M

Want to do a Enduro

I want to try a Enduro event but have no idea where to find any info. Do they have events for beginers as I have never raced. Would like to do a 6 hour event I have just bought a stumpy comp would the stumpy be the better bike to ride or should I ride my hard tail
  6. M

What do you think of Specialized stumpjumper comp 08

I have just bought my first dually and I was wondering do I have to change my riding style when climbing hills I have been told it takes more effort to climb but I am willing to sacrifice that as I have been told they are more forgiving on the down hills if you are inexperienced on technical...