1. J

Dirtworks 100 entry for sale

Still for sale, now $80
  2. J

Still for sale.
  3. J

Due to injury, illness and work comitments my training has been poor of late so will have to skip this race. only asking $100 (was $120) so contact me on 0427 741 314 or jamiec1982@live.com.
  4. J

Where are our trails like this?

Not super long but I think Skyline, Berm track and Old Duffy combo at Stromlo is hard to beat. Oh and cant forget the Snake track at Mogo.
  5. J

Gold Coast trails?

Hi All, I will be spending about 10 days in mid July on the Gold Coast (Southport) to escape the freezing Canberra tempratures and will be taking my bike with me, can anyone point me in the direction of some good XC trails in the area? Also if you are part of a regular social riding group...
  6. J

Pre TDF thread

Yellow- Contador by a lot 2nd A Schleck 3rd Evans or Sastre Green- Cav if he can finish, otherwise Boonan Polka Dot- Contador IMO Cotador only has to turn up to win. As much as I would love to see Evans win I just dont think anyone can touch the powerhouse that is Astana only Saxo Bank...
  7. J

working week 8hr 2009?

Woohoo, about time. I will be there was a fast fun track last year think I will go for a pair rather than solo this year.
  8. J

Seeking ST in Canberra

I would suggest giving Bruce ridge a go, ATM I would rate it second only to Sparrow Hill, so many trails in such a small area makes for a few hours of fun. If you ride there I would suggest parking at Bruce CIT or AIS ride through pedestrian underpass under Gungahlin drive, there is a few gates...
  9. J

BMC 100 Woodend photos

They (auroraimages) took about two weeks to get the pics up from the Mont 24hr so don't expect any in a hurry.
  10. J

High end wheelset choice???

I would suggest the XTR wheels, I am about 84kg and a mate of mine is about 90kgs and we both have used or are still using XTR's and they are absoloutly bomb proof, byfar the best and toughest xc wheels I have used.
  11. J

Good LBS in canberra

I would say Onya Bike in Belconnen or Civic are fantastic, always friendly great service and the guys who own/run the store are regular racers. They also do a lot of sponsership of local events such as dirt crits and skills days.
  12. J

who has broken their collar bone riding?

Done mine last year riding my xc bike on the dh track at Stromlo. I was lucky it was a clean brake so no surgury, was off the bike for 4 weeks, off dirt for 6and raced an 8hr xc solo at Stromlo 7 weeks after. Oh and just to let you know I also broke my Knee cap (IMHO far more painfull) the...
  13. J

BMC 100km 2009

Hi, just wondering what people would recomend for tire choice for this race I'm thinking Crossmark F & R atm will this be ok?. This will be my third 100k race and realy looking forward to it but I think it will be rather painfull as I plan to do solo champs the week before, any other riders...
  14. J

2009 Sparrow Hill Tour

Check out C grade results how can someone average 27.7 kmh around Sparrow? shortcut maybe? I did hear of a few people having problems following some of the signs. Unfotunatly my day ended with a DNF after a passing move went wrong and resulted in a bent XTR rear mech and a cracked helmet.
  15. J

Anthem Advanced (weight???)

I think around the 10.8-11kg mark I have one myself an it was 11.2kg with heavy saddle 2x spare tubes and a pump. I think you could get one down to about 10.5 with standard tires light saddle and a few $$.
  16. J

Crossing over from HT to Dualie

Maybe keep an eye out for a Giant Anthem or a Specialized Epic I have owened both and have not got enough good things to say about them. Anthem and Epic are also lighter and more efficient.