Search results

1. jimmijolly

VIC Sold, please remove

Item: 2008 Scott Gambler - Small ( I am 6'1 but better suited to someone under 6') These frames only came in small or large. Location:Brunswick, Victoria. Inspection welcome if you're in the hood. Item Condition:Very good, spent most of its life under the stairs, it gets used maybe 3...
  2. jimmijolly

Hire Bikes?

Hey there, The missus and I are keen to have a crack at a bit of xc riding, problem is we don't have xc bikes and would like to hire a couple before we go and buy new bikes. Are there any places to hire decent xc or am bikes around Melbourne? Cheers for any help!
  3. jimmijolly

why 9?

Ok so I am relatively new to this game, coming from a bmx background just wondering from why my dh bike runs a 9 speed when in reality on any given track i've ridden so far (bear in mind I am a beginner) I only seem to use 3 to 4 of the 9 gears supplied. Does a dh bike need 9 gears really or...
  4. jimmijolly

SRAM/Truvativ Taiwan

Ezy all, I'm trying to chase some gauges made by Truvativ Taiwan to measure ISIS bottom bracket splines. I've contacted monza imports, no luck, Chris King (apparently they use them but have no idea where they're from), tried emailing sram usa twice and have had no success. Does anyone know...
  5. jimmijolly

Scott Gambler?

Ez all, anyone getting around on DH20's, I'm kinda keen on getting one , just not totally convinced about the head tube, the rest of the frame is beefy enough, just looks a bit piddly up front. I'm a sucker for breaking shit, anyone know of horror stories or am I being a frilly knickers...
  6. jimmijolly

Ez Geezers

Ez farkers, just about to invest in a bit of dh kit, bought a stp a year ago as a way to get back on a bike after a gap of about 7 years. Never really liked downhilling back then, was a bmx and moto and speedway rider but have been bitten by the downhill bug after a few runs at you yangs and...