Search results

1. U

Buying a canyon. Hidden fees

I knew about the postage, and didn't write to them about that until I saw the international transaction fee (charged by my bank not them) on my account. The fee was a shock because I had never been charged such a fee before when paying in AUD. So I wrote to them suggesting they process the...
  2. U

Commencal recently set up an "Australian" store just like Canyon - seems as though they include the cost of shipping in their quoted pricing. When you're talking $200 for postage as with Canyon that is a substantial amount. It also appears as though Commencal has more of an Australian presence...
  3. U

Much better outcome dude that's awesome. It obviously depends what bank/card you use. Here's mine: Caveat emptor. :brick:
  4. U

And postage would be $10 ish
  5. U

Lol. You're buying from www.canyon.com/en-au/
  6. U

Yep seriously. This is from https://www.canyon.com/en-au/mtb/strive/ Advertised price: $7,899 Actual price with postage $8,098 And if you get hit with an international transaction fee: $8,340.98 So the page https://www.canyon.com/en-au/mtb/strive/ is misleading AF!
  7. U

Never said it was hidden, I said their website is misleading. The cost should be included in the price of the bike. Up the cost by $199. They say it's not included because they offer pickup. You've just got to travel 16,000kms to pick it up. Seems reasonable. Additionally, they claimed that...
  8. U

When buying from Canyon Australia, and being charged in AUD, what is there to say thay that it is an international transaction? Nothing. It puports to be a transaction within Australia, when it is not.
  9. U

I've got beef. You get charged in AUD, from Canyon Australia, but they process the transaction in Germany. I got stung with a 3% transaction fee on a $6,500 bike. Pissed. Also why is postage not included (i.e. up the price $200) in the price for people on the Australian website? As if we...
  10. U

Thredbo Cannonball

Yeah going and racing, brought me kayak up.
  11. U

Barjarg - Alpine Gravity Elevation Enduro Series - Round 1

Can't wait for round two!
  12. U

looking for some good spots to ride

Whistler A-Line. Goood times.
  13. U

06 Giant Dh Comp SOLD

Hey there PM sent, would like to take a look.
  14. U

norco bike decision

The A Line Park has pretty good specs for the money, but yeah more oriented to FR from what I've heard. Get yourself a bike specific to your needs. Giant DH1's go for $3600 at cycology.com.au fair decent bike and DH oriented!
  15. U

09 Atomik Setup

I think that the rebound should be set so when you compress the shocker, then decompress the wheel raises a bit off the ground but only for half a second or so. Don't set the rebound too fast, it'll bounce you over the front if you land on a steep slope.
  16. U

Neck Brace

Great to have this brace! Means I can start riding DH tracks again! WOOO!!!!
  17. U

Kenilworth high quality photos :)

Killer shots, looks like a good location for DH!
  18. U

alpinestar neck brace

Leatt and other brands also make braces. You can generally find them at motorcycle stores or they may need to order it in for you. Good protection to have! Better to crack a $900 brace than your neck!
  19. U

DH etiquette

:d Hey man thanks for the post. Good for a n00b like myself!
  20. U

N00b

Hi all, n00b to the forums, been a long time since I have swung a leg over an mtb but looking at getting back into it. Have saved heaps for bike and kit, now just to do it. Looking at using the trading pages on here to get some equipment, need to get my post up! Thanks for the website...