09 Atomik Setup

Atomik09

Likes Bikes
Hi guys,

Just after some tips for setting up the Boxxer Race forks and DHX 3.0 shock on my Norco Atomik according to rider weight and riding style.

I weigh roughly 70kg and ride mostly at places such as You Yangs, Beechworth, Buller....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Adam

k_d

Likes Dirt
Hi guys,

Just after some tips for setting up the Boxxer Race forks and DHX 3.0 shock on my Norco Atomik according to rider weight and riding style.

I weigh roughly 70kg and ride mostly at places such as You Yangs, Beechworth, Buller....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Adam
Run the rebound slower on the rear than the front.
Other than that, just play around with the adjustments (Propedal, compression, air) and see what feels best.

Atomik09

Likes Bikes
Cheers mate, will have fiddle with it all tomorrow....
Was told to set the rebound on the forks to the fastest and work backwards, same with the rear. Then adjust the low speed compression on the forks.

Rampage Ripper

Likes Dirt
hey mate, i have an 09 atomik as well, pretty sweet bikes aye?

with my forks;

i run my compression on the 2nd or 3rd click UP from the BOTTOM

i run my rebound real fast

With my shock;

depending on what i'm riding, riding really rocky downhill i use a quicker rebound, but for the love of god be more carefull on the jumps, for the kind of ridign at my house, i use a slower rebound because of all the jump trails. slower rebound on the jumps will prevent getting kicked over the bars

hope this helps and enjoy your bike

uberusername

Likes Bikes
I think that the rebound should be set so when you compress the shocker, then decompress the wheel raises a bit off the ground but only for half a second or so.

Don't set the rebound too fast, it'll bounce you over the front if you land on a steep slope.

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think that the rebound should be set so when you compress the shocker, then decompress the wheel raises a bit off the ground but only for half a second or so.

Don't set the rebound too fast, it'll bounce you over the front if you land on a steep slope.
That will kick you over on jumps. It should be fast, but not fast enough to take the bike off the ground at all, therefore maintaining as much traction as possible, whilst recovering travel as quickly as possible.

Last edited: