Search results

1. Derek Yates

Familiar Ground EP1 - Lysterfield

It's been a while since I've been on the old Rotorburn! I've released the first episode of my web series Familiar Ground. The episodes focus on mountain bike destinations within one hour of Melbourne. The first episode is some of my favorite Lysterfield trails. It's all shot trailside with...
  2. Derek Yates

VIC Sold

SOLD - Please Delete Marin Mt Vision XM8 2013 - Frame Size - 17.5" (Medium), 26" wheels. It is the ultimate all rounder and can climb, descend and enjoy pretty much any trail. The build is mid weight so you can enjoy a few jumps and some rougher terrain without worrying. This uncommon bike...
  3. Derek Yates

VIC SOLD - Rockshox Reverb Stealth - 30.9 - 380mm - 125mm drop.

SOLD - Please delete Item: Rockshox Reverb Stealth - 30.9 - 380mm - 125mm drop. Left hand remote and hose. Original Connectamajig fitted (removable). All black. Location: Melbourne (South East) Item Condition: Brand New, Unused in box with bleed kit, reverb fluid, enduro collar, sticker...
  4. Derek Yates

Shave the AMB Editor or WAX him!?

Hi All, Not sure if this has already been posted but the AMB Editor - Chris Southwood is doing the Worlds Greatest Shave for the Leukaemia Foundation and will be shaving his legs for the charity despite his anti shaving rant in the last AMB. If they raise enough money they are going to...
  5. Derek Yates

New Norco Five! Ben Boyko Special Edition

Wow, Check out the new Five, Norco's new Slopestyle bike that they developed with Ben Boyko. I wasn't sure how different it would be to the Six but it's pretty damn sweet and has some cool unique features. I'm not usually a purple fan but I think I'm diggin the paint job...
  6. Derek Yates

NO-WAY! Ryan Leech , 8mm cable ride.

Check this out: http://www.norco.com/downloads/videos/index.php?id=105 How the fark he can do that I have NO idea but it's out of this world. Cheers, Derek
  7. Derek Yates

ODI Lock On Collars

As Above: What: Full Set of ODI Lock On Alloy Collars (NEW!) Blue Ano or XTR Grey Ano. Price range/Willing to Pay: $20 Location: Melbourne Extra Info: Only new, no marks or scratches and ONLY those colours (dark ano blue or XTR grey). Collars only no grips, no scratches, no stripped...
  8. Derek Yates

Apollo Bay XC

Hi All, Heading down to Apollo Bay in a week or so for a few days of Sun, Sand and Bikes. Can anyone tell me if there are any good XC singletracks in the area to ride and if the Forrest trails from the big Otway race a few weeks back are open to the public? Looking for fun trails without...
  9. Derek Yates

Lost - Smith Sunnies - You Yangs

This place is a graveyard for lost stuff!! I lost my Smith Diablo glasses out of my Camelback at the Youies on Sat. They are dark blue and have a light tint lense in them. They are a bit beaten up buy I use them everyday to ride to/from work. Location - You Yangs DH race track. This is...
  10. Derek Yates

Norco 2007 - Website Updated

Hi All, Just a note to say that Norco.com has been updated with the 07 Norco range. Lot's of nice new bikes and heaps of them are in stock already. Cheers, Derek
  11. Derek Yates

Fork Brake Mounts: IS vs Boxxer

Ok I'm sure I used to know this but I can't remember. Can someone tell me if there is a way of using an adaptor to mount a 7" Hope M4 Boxxer mount caliper to an 8" Rotor on an IS fork (ie 888)?? I'd prefer to not have to buy a new caliper half (I assume that you can't get these anymore anyway)...
  12. Derek Yates

Park Session with Darren Steak-Sauce from Canada

Hey All, We hit up Camberwell, Box Hill and Fizroy Bowl with Darren Stace-Smith from Norco Canada and had a rad day in the sunshine. The parks were quiet, Darren pulled some sweet lines and flatties and we got a lot of nice shots. This is the first Reynolds 416 Street frame built up in...
  13. Derek Yates

New 06 Norco's in Stock (and Out)

Hey All, As people have been getting on Farkin saying Norco bikes are not arriving. Here's the inside scoop: 06 Sasquatch, 06 Manik and 06 Ryde are here and out to stores as of today! Some stores have stock already so don't walk RUN to your local dealer to see the new goodies. Cheers...
  14. Derek Yates

E-13 / Ironhorse Factory Setup Issues

Hi All, Here is a setup guide from E-13 for those people with Sunday bikes. Please check your bike is setup correctly to ensure the guides funtion correctly and you get the best performance long term. Many bikes came incorrectly setup from the factory and you may not be getting the best...
  15. Derek Yates

Norco 06 - The Real Deal (updated)

Hey All, For those that have been asking here are the first sneak peaks of 06 Norco bikes. Obviously these are pre-production and there are likely to be tweaks and changes before production, but I know a lot of people will be stoked to see some new gear! More to come as they trickle in from...
  16. Derek Yates

Norco.Com

Hey All, Just letting everyone know that the 05 Norco website (norco.com) has been updated now with all the Australian bikes in the Australia section and now has a dealer listing for the shops in Oz that are Norco Dealers. This should help people hook up with a store that carries the...
  17. Derek Yates

Fluid for DH

Hey All, I HIGHLY do NOT reccomend the Fluid as a DH bike. It is a basic all mountain bike capable of aggressive trail riding and xc stuff on rough terrain and the occasional jump and drop. If you DH on it, it's likely to have serious issues with parts and frame. Not one part of the Fluid...
  18. Derek Yates

SERIOUS Injury - R we beyond the limits of what we can do?

Hey All, I just checked out NSMB today to find another notice of a rider who has injured themselves to the point where they will be left with serious and permanent damage to themselves. With the increasing number of Pro riders from Australia, Canada, Europe and the US becoming involved in...
  19. Derek Yates

Best Production Bikes in OZ?

Hey people, Derek from Norco again. I have checked out people's rides in the 'best bikes' thread but how about what people think of the 2003 ranges from different bike companies in OZ? Obviously a lot of the crew here are mail ordering or traveling to pick up a lot of the frames and parts for...