Search results

1. T

Entries Open for 2011 24 Scott 24Hr - 8 & 9 October 2011 at Stromlo

I had 14.35km for Blue lap and 12.22km for Red Lap (reduced to 12.05km after the muddy bit was cut out during the night).
  2. T

Bottlebutt 100 & Hairy-Butt 50 - 10th September

I'd have thought its only fair to reduce to 2, otherwise competitors who were relying on the last 2 races to make up the 3 will be eliminated through no fault of their own. Given it sounds like this would include the World 24hr Solo Champion this would be a shame and devalue the series a bit.
  3. T

3 Ring Circus entires open

I think its an excellent event and well organised as always. As much as anything this event is designed to be more relaxed than others such as the fling and has no elite category. For those interested in the prizes there was no congestion at the front end of the field anyway and the blue ring...
  4. T

virgin relaunch means you now get slugged with a bike

yeh on international flights it can make a vast difference - even British Airways vs Qantas - On non-US routes each way - BA have a flat rate of $40 for an extra 23kg bag, Qantas charge $175 for 5 extra kilos and a massive $875 for 25kg extra
  5. T

The Husky 100ker

I think some races do do this - others don't. I agree its better if everyone in the same wave has the same time
  6. T

The Oaks. (the regular ride, not the race) what times are people doing?

and why would anyone not do the singletrack?
  7. T

Spring Fat Tyre Festival 2010

I don't want to start a long debate on passing - however I'm not sure all issues are the result purely of the bad attitude of faster riders. I think generally faster riders are pretty polite and most better riders are able to let people past easily. Its usually inexperience or misjudgements that...
  8. T

Highland Fling - 2010

Comparing my Garmin timings of each section (I pressed lap as I crossed each timing mat) I think the timing of the Transition between the 1st stage and the Tortini Wines Stage shows times too short by just under 2mins. I was bang on 5 mins but it showed as 3.10. Looks like it was the same for...
  9. T

SCOTT 24 hour 2010

I thought CORC did a fantastic job with the organisation and the track was so much fun HOWEVER Please can we work out a way to let cars into the campsite again next year ... It makes such a difference not having spend 2 or 3 hours before and after the race lugging gear to & from a campsite. I...
  10. T

2010 Angry Doctor

I think you can cancel early if the ground is already so waterlogged there's no prospect of a race (Bendigo). However to cancel based on a weather forecast is to open yourself to ridicule. Lets say the wind had been 30km less than forecast (forecasts are often inaccurate) ie. just enough to dry...
  11. T

2010 Angry Doctor

I think one difference with Festivals and concerts is that a significant proportion of ticket revenue goes to the artists (as opposed to the organisers) and they don't get paid if it doesn't go ahead, so significant $ saved
  12. T

2010 Angry Doctor

I agree with everything here, I think they perhaps tried too hard to get some sort of race on but its easy to criticise this with the benefit of hindsight. I'm sure they would have been criticised for calling off at 6.30am when the winds could have dropped and the extent of damage was unclear...
  13. T

Garmin 705

Running mine with Powertap and seemed to work fine for a week or so on 3.2 then found that speed and distance was inaccurate. I rode 10 laps of the same road circuit and the laps got progressively shorter from correct 3.8km to 2.4km. Was the first time I had used it since upgrade with autolap so...
  14. T

2010 Angry Doctor

costs While $140 seems quite alot, I'm sure these guys are not getting that rich putting on events. Everyone's gotta make a living. We're paying for a professionally run event and I certainly thought last years Angry Dr was incredibly well organised. I certainly saw quite alot of the value...
  15. T

Capital Punishment is GO

Yup, I've taken that into account - I took 6:10 on the watch so should be around 5:40 but they have me at 5:18. When I work back on the splits they have me starting at 7.26, not 7am.
  16. T

Capital Punishment is GO

Results anyone else notice any problems with timing? - mines about 25 mins too quick - looks like they had me starting in a later wave, whereas I actually started in the first wave at 7am. I've emailed them but not sure if it was a widespread issue
  17. T

The 2010 Mont 24 Thread

4 man team entry available for various reasons our team has fallen apart - any interest in entry PM me