Search results

1. Maltese Falcon

Spoke length calculations

Awesome, thankyou for the reply
  2. Maltese Falcon

I ended up building the wheels based on your length calculation SummitFever & they are fine, but I am now going to re build the rear with a Flow rim as well. Since the ERD from the Crest to the Flow is 3mm difference, does this then mean that I need to have 3mm longer spokes for the rear?
  3. Maltese Falcon

2015 Avanti Torrent CS 7.1

Hi I've had mine for over a year now & I just recently upgraded the front & rear shock to 2016 items, it has completely transformed the bike. At least get the corset upgrade for the rear shock https://www.cyclinic.com.au/shop/fox-racing-float-evol-air-can-upgrade-anodised/
  4. Maltese Falcon

Carbon Torrent

I always wanted a red & gold PK Ripper, so until I find one this is the best I can do. There is nothing tricky about painting a carbon frame, it was painted exactly the same as the alloy rear end. Just don't sandblast it or bake it.
  5. Maltese Falcon

Carbon Torrent

Carbon torrent with a fresh new paint job for 2016. 2016 fox 36's 2016 fox rear shock KS LEV dropper XTR brakes Zee rear der. Race face carbon cranks with 36T Tune hubs with Stans rims, DT spokes Schwalbe tyres 12.01kg
  6. Maltese Falcon

Post your all mountain bike

Still a carry over from my BMX days, big wheel on the front for traction, smaller lighter wheel on the back for acceleration. Wether it actually helps me or not is another thing but it's something I have always done.
  7. Maltese Falcon

Red & Gold Torrent Always wanted a Red & Gold PK Ripper BMX, have yet to find one yet so I tried to make my Carbon Torrent look like one. Bit of fun.
  8. Maltese Falcon

Yes they are 3x & yes the ERD is from the stans website. I have in the past only used Hope hubs but wanted something different this time, hence the tune hubs. Again, thank you for all you help Rizzo
  9. Maltese Falcon

thanks! Stans Flow ex on the front Size 650B x 29.1mm Hole # 32 Brakes Disc Weight 510g ISO 584 x 25.1 ERD 562 Tape Width 25mm Stans Crest on the rear Size 650b x 24.4mm Color Black Hole # 32 Brakes Disc Weight 365g ISO 584 x 21 ERD 565 Tape Width 25mm I...
  10. Maltese Falcon

yes , they are the ones & thank you for all the replies! Awesome!
  11. Maltese Falcon

Hi I have some tune hubs, 32 spoke King & Kong & Stans Rims, Flow EX & Crest 650B I have contacted stans but they don't have Tune Hubs on their list for spoke length, can anyone advise me on what to purchase re spoke length thanks
  12. Maltese Falcon

Fox Rollercoaster powered by BH Bikes - 2015 NSW and ACT Enduro State Series

it may also make you fall over onto the ground for no good reason................you have been warned
  13. Maltese Falcon

Fox Rollercoaster powered by BH Bikes - 2015 NSW and ACT Enduro State Series

whoever the people were smoking at 2 of the finish lines need to be banned from mtb races. Nothing worse than gasping for air at the end of a race run & all you get is second hand cigarette smoke, not to mention the small fact it was obviously a high fire risk day with that dry bush & the...
  14. Maltese Falcon

Avanti Torrent and Coppermine/Vapour thread

Had my first proper ride in anger on the weekend:third:, very very nice bike. So plush compared to my old 2011 version. Just need to get back to full health to exploit the full potential of the bike. Didn't put a scratch on it either which is always a bonus!
  15. Maltese Falcon

It's next to me in my office so I just spend all day looking at it :)......which doesn't really help with work
  16. Maltese Falcon

I have busted ribs at the moment so have been only on a easy gingerly ride, it instantly felt familiar coming off my 2011 Torrent, can really notice the head angle, when it corners it feels closer to the ground (I know that sounds weird) feels incredibly plush but when you pedal it , it just...
  17. Maltese Falcon

2015 Carbon Torrent Finally got it built up. 11.98kg ready to ride. Can't wait.
  18. Maltese Falcon

2015 Carbon Avanti Torrent .2015 Carbon Avanti Torrent
  19. Maltese Falcon

2015 Carbon Torrent 2015 Carbon Torrent frame. 550grams lighter than my 2011 Torrent! Will be built up next week
  20. Maltese Falcon

I have a 2011 torrent with a 150mm fork, but I have Burgtech offset rear shock bushings which gave me another 1d head angle & also dropped the BB which helped with the taller fork. The ride is much much better, I also have a 32mm stem. I only noticed a difference riding uphill swith backs...