Search results

1. J

Mt Big Bit Ride - Sunday 13 March 05

Cheers Malty thanks for the heads up. Hope the limb heals quick. Is that the pic that Rickylee posted up?
  2. J

Mt Big Bit Ride - Sunday 13 March 05

A few of us are driving down to the bay to ride mount big bit on Sunday 13 March. Big Bit is lifted runs by car. Course is approx 3 - 4 minutes. Regarded as one of the smoother faster courses in the region, and is very picturesque. In a day we can normaly get between 10 - 15 runs each...
  3. J

Recording registration & race time data onsite?

Our club is reviewing the way we record registration & race time data onsite to move from a manual paper based process to an electronic process. We are proposing to use a laptop & simple excel spread sheet to record registrations, once rego is finished we enter start times and print out a...
  4. J

Canada travellers - maps

http://www.gutsploder.net/
  5. J

CORC DH Kowen 20/02/2005 (Results Posted)

CORC Local Club Race Sunday 23rd February. Kowen Forrest: Travel to the junction of Pialligo Av. & Sutton Rd. just outside Queanbeyan. Head 9Km North from this junction towards Goulburn & look for the Forest boom gate on your right. This is about half a km before the Wamboin turnoff. Ride...
  6. J

Avanti Barracuda - A.C.T (s/n U27K22062)

2003 Model Avanti Barracuda, s/n U27K22062. Large size, Grey, Deore LX derailleurs, Shimano M525 hydraulic disks, RockShox Pilot C (100mm travel) forks, Specialized Roll X tyres, Specialized body geometry comp saddle. Stolen 2/2/2005 from bicycle racks behind 240 City Walk, Civic, Canberra...
  7. J

Whistler migration 2005

I keep hearing about half the DH community in Canberra talking about heading to whistler this year. We are too and are yet to ride the hallowed trails. If you have some advise other than the general info thats already on the whistler bike park site or your going too, then post a reply.
  8. J

Slider Plus is shaking my teeth out!

You can actualy reduce the air pressure to 30psi, it is in Manitou 2004 manual in bold "Do not reduce pressure below 30psi or above 100psi".
  9. J

DH Majura 23/01/05

Not sure which course the Dh Coordinator will choose, ive emailed him asking if he needs help so I might get the inside info and post it up.
  10. J

DH Majura 23/01/05

First race of the winter season? I imagine Mal Adjusted will be there supporting the race with giveaways & prizes. C u there. Jason
  11. J

your downhill setup?

Bike setup is very difficult to determine as its an individual preference. Its just a matter of getting used to the bike you can afford! Yep same here lost a lower pivot bolt and the pivot bolts are only avaliable in a kit that comes with linkages & bearings. I was quoted $150 for the kit...
  12. J

Whistler Canada 2005 Info?

This info is great, finding cheap accom is hard unless you have some local knowledge thanks Paul. Was wondering if we should take our bikes to whistler or hire? I heard its around $90 a day for hiring a DH bike at whistler? How much is it to take our bikes on the plane?
  13. J

CORC Thredbo results are up

Despite the puncture & chain malfunction on the day it was well worth the trip. Big thanks to John M for doing the timing. Thanks to NRG, they seem like a friendly bunch. I was amazed to see quite a few high profile riders including Rando, Cory & the Panozzo's entering.
  14. J

Thredbo - Dec. 5 - CORC DH race

Get your priorities right dude :wink: Stu im there for sure have booked accom for Saturday night at Thredbo.
  15. J

Australia's prime spots

"Canberra" A number of factors would determine a primo riding spot in this country and access & variety in a localised area would be a factor in deciding where to ride if you are on holiday in Aus. The variety of places to ride in Canberra is unrivaled. Canberra has within 20 minutes...
  16. J

14th Stromlo Race

Did anyone see the Article in Mondays Canberra Times about the race? Its a fairly decent write up, there is a pic of Camo launching off the rock drop and Nick webb.
  17. J

14th November Stromlo Race

928stu took about 80 digital pics so we should see some of those up soon. Yes Mal Adjusted have been very generous with prizes and its making the post race scene much more ethusiastic. Congrats to Nick Webb for quickest time and thanks to Jared Rando for all his help lately good to see...
  18. J

Yep the picture of the pallet drop is deceiving but its straight forward as long as you take the left hand side of the pallet.
  19. J

No It looks worse than it is, the bottom thumbnail 928stu posted is actualy the run off from that jump.